s lide about new york state
out of 16
Post on 08-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 50 STATES IN THE USA VISITING NEW YORK
- NEW YORK STATE CAPITAL: ALBANY
- NEW YORK CITY New York is the most populous city in the United States and the center of the New York Metropolitan Area, one of the most populous urban agglomerations in the world.
- THIS IS ALBANY, CAPITAL OF NEW YORK STATE
- FLAG OF NEW YORK STATE The word excelsior means sempre no topo sempre acima
- STATE FLOWER The rose was designated official state flower of New York in 1955.
- The five boroughs Manhattan The Staten Island The Bronx Queens The Brooklin
- Historic areas IN NEW YORK STATE
- Statue of Liberty The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886
- The Empire State Building is a skyscraper in New York City at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and West 34th Street. The tallest building in New York City and New York State.
- CENTRAL PARK Central Park is located in New York City, in the heart of Manhattan. It is a national historical landmark that draws in nearly 38 million visitors from all over the world every year.
- TWINWorld Trade Center is a complex of TOWERS The buildings under construction in New York, The original World Trade Center featured landmark twin towers, which opened on April 4, 1973 and were destroyed in the September 11 attacks of 2001, On the morning of September 11, 2001, AlQaeda-affiliated hijackers flew two Boeing 767 jets into the complex, one into each tower, in a coordinated terrorist attack. After burning for 56 minutes, the South Tower collapsed, followed a half-hour later by the North Tower. The attacks on the World Trade Center killed 2,753 people.
- MEMORIAL 11/9 Honoring the lives of those who were lost is at the heart of our mission. Occupying eight of the 16 acres at the World Trade Center, the Memorial is a tribute to the past and a place of hope for the future. The names of every person who died in the terrorist attacks of February 26, 1993 and September 11, 2001 are inscribed in bronze around the twin memorial pools.
- BROOKLYN BRIDGE The Brooklyn Bridge is a bridge in New York City and is one of the oldest suspension bridges in the United States.
- AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY is one of the largest and most celebrated museum in the world. The museum collections contain over 32 billion specimens of plants, humans, animals, fossils, minerals, rocks, meteorites, and human cultural artifacts.
- CRDITOS http://www.nps.gov/stli/index.htm http://www.911memorial.org/memorial http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/sep/10/911-lost-united-states10-september-2001 http://www.wccginc.com/Jalbum/Airplane%20Crash/slides/9-11-plane-crash-twintowers-new-york-2.html http://joshmadison.com/2009/11/30/brooklyn-bridge/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triceratops 2. http://nps.gov/stli/index.htm 3. http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/travel-tips/articles/nyc-best-of-theboroughs http://www.teachervision.fen.com/maps/printable/4029.html http://endex.com/gf/buildings/bbridge/bbridge.html http://nps.gov/stli/index.htm
View more >