Presentation Deck - Internet Access - What to do When Free is not Enough
out of 51
Post on 16-Aug-2015
- 1. Internet Access: What to do when free is not enough 2013 PSAV Presentation Services. All Rights Reserved.
- 2. Nice to have Mission critical
- 3. Terminology How to prevent failure How to negotiate What will the future hold?
- 4. Reality Check (1981)
- 5. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE0Pc66NhFo
- 6. Reality Check (1994)
- 7. Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlJku_CSyNg
- 8. 2010
- 9. 1 GB/hr 3 GB/hr
- 10. Terminology
- 11. 1.Bandwidth 2.Infrastructure 3.Support
- 12. 50:1 1:1 Incoming Bandwidth Shared Dedicated Incoming Bandwidth
- 13. Guest Rooms Meeting Space Bandwidth Everyone Elses Meetings Your Meeting Shared Public Space Back Office Dedicated
- 14. 0 20 40 60 80 100 56k modem ISDN (128k) T1 (1.5 Mbps) DSL Cable T3 / DS3 (45 Mbps) Metro Ethernet (100 Mbps) Mbps Shared Dedicated
- 15. 0 200 400 600 800 1,000 56k modem ISDN (128k) T1 (1.5 Mbps) DSL Cable T3 / DS3 (45 Mbps) Metro Ethernet (100 Mbps) Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) Mbps Shared Dedicated
- 16. Infrastructure
- 17. Wi-Fi install year Wi-Fi Version Single Band Dual Band 2006 b 25 N/A 2008 2011 a + g 50 100 2012 2013 n 75 150 2014 ac N/A 300
- 18. Support N.O.C. Engineering Onsite (Sales and Tech)
- 19. Top 5 ways to prevent a Wi-Fi failure
- 20. Whos had a bad Internet experience?
- 21. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxQOPFg2mo
- 22. 1. Inadequate Bandwidth 2. Inadequate Infrastructure 3. Inadequate Support 4. External Factors 5. Lack of Planning
- 23. Interference
- 24. Presenters Exhibitors Show Management Attendees Inadequate Bandwidth
- 25. Free to use and found at; http://www.conventionindustry.org/StandardsPractices/APEX/bandwidthconnectivity/bwidthestimator.aspx or Google CIC Bandwidth Introducing the Bandwidth Estimator
- 26. Coverage Density Inadequate Infrastructure
- 27. Inadequate Support
- 28. External FactorsExternal Factors
- 29. Planning How much bandwidth can you dedicate solely to my group? Do you have an AP layout map to send me? Who provides your on and offsite support?
- 30. How to Negotiate Internet Services
- 31. I smell money
- 32. No Support 5 days call out 5 minutes on the phone Immediate response
- 33. I need food
- 34. What meal period? For how many? Buffet, plated or grab and go? Hot or cold? Whats your budget?
- 35. I need Internet
- 36. For how many people? How many devices? What will they be using Internet for? How much bandwidth? How critical is it to the success of the meeting?
- 37. Why do we need Wi-Fi?
- 38. By Connection / Device / User Bandwidth per connection? Scalable? Sufficient? By Bandwidth Verifiable Scalable Inform future event planning Pricing Model
- 39. Reporting
- 40. Sponsorship
- 41. RFPs The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
- 42. RFPs You dont want it to break You dont want to over pay
- 43. RFPs Info to the Venue Provide a profile of the meeting Devices / bandwidth / applications Prior event reporting Info from the Venue Bandwidth Infrastructure Support
- 44. Collaborate
- 45. http://www.conventionindustry.org Presentation available on CIC website APEX Glossary Supplemental Technology Terms Bandwidth Estimator Coming soon; Addition to RFP Workbook Site visit check list APEX bandwidth workgroup continues Articles in industry publications and white papers (archived on CIC website) CIC volunteers available for further education firstname.lastname@example.org I want more!
- 46. How could we enhance meetings & events if Wi-Fi worked consistently? The Future
- 47. be strong, I whispered to my wifi signal Author unknown
View more >
Why legislation is not enough… What this presentation aims to do… Brief overview of legislative framework Brief discussion on why this is not enough to.
Kvetch, Kvetch, Kvetch - When Manna is Not Enough ?· Kvetch,(Kvetch,(Kvetch)((When(Manna(is(Not(Enough(!…
What are the tools and techniques? - nzcc. Communication/Time... · What we do when there is not enough…