organizational & people effectiveness
Post on 22-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Organizational Development & People EffectivenessRelated costs & budgeting
2. Planning Process Phase 1 April 08 OrganizationalAssessmentPhase 2- MayCompetencies DevelopmentPhase 3 JunePeopleAssessment & Development Phase 4 September Consolidation & Succession Results 3. Organizational Analysis: where are we now ?
- Organization & People Assessment Tool
- Purpose: To permit an unbiased appraisal and assessment of current organization structure and management competencies in order to assist in the evaluation, development and placement ofcurrent personnel and to fill future vacancies in terms of succession planning activities.
- Methodology: The process will be to evaluate senior management s staff (VP and Director level) in terms of management competencies and job fit through performance discussions, possible testingand on-the-job evaluations.
- Create Succession & Development plans that:
- Reinforce The CompanyCompetencies through skills assessmentand
- in developmental activitiesin order to insure a performance culture and results driven organization.
- Drive The CompanyCORE Competencies:
- Innovation & Creativity - identifies/pursues new ideas/methods
- Makes & Meets Commitments
- Good Communicator - keeps others informed; open & honest
- Integrity & Trust - widely trusted, direct, & truthful; admits mistakes
- Team Player - cooperative & considerate
- Practices Continuous Improvement - looks for better ways to work
- Customer Focus - responsive to others needs
What are we going to do? 5. What are we going to do?
- Create Succession & Development plans that:
- Drive The Company Management Competencies:
- Management Leadership - inspires/motivates people toward common goals
- Global Approach - looks at worldwide perspective
- Business Acumen - knows how business works; current with trends & tactics
- Develops People - mentors/coaches/empowers others & supports their growth
- Delegation - Clearly & comfortably delegates
- Managerial Courage- faces people problems & gives actionable feedback
6. How are we going to do it?
- Projectcompletion:Theassessment and recommendations to be completed no later than August 31 st 2008 and processto commence in April with organization assessment process.
- Define organization structure in terms business strategy and commercial unit priorities
- Better defined roles and responsibilities, as well as deliverables and performance expectations
- Determine percentage of STIfor completion of Group objectives at the senior leadership staff.
- Offer incentives, rewards & recognition for
- Group Behavior and exchange of best practices.
7. How are we going to do it?
- Offer training & development programs in:
- Project management
- People skills
- Functional expertise
- Createbehavior change byasense of urgency, results driven and motivation and balance between consistency andchange by:
- Shows support and helps the people in development areas
- Be honesty with other people and recognizes mistakes
- Allocate tasks and know how to delegate autonomy
- Seek a continuousimprovement philosophy
- Support teamwork - create a professional environment
- Develops a sense of leadership and purpose, as
- well as of vision and strategy
- Shares recognition for a job well done
- Co-operate to achieve shared objectives
- Offer incentives, rewards & recognition for Group Behaviorand exchange of best practices.
8. 9. Succession Planning Training & Development Build people andorganizationalcapabilities Increasedorganizationaleffectiveness Create Group Identity & Behavior Bringing it together 10. WhatRewards & Motivates ?
- Financial (recognition)
- share option
- fringe benefits
- Non-Financial (motivation)
- Career Opportunities
11. policies procedures benefits employee relations succession planning compensation management training & development BUSINESS IMPACTMANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE high low functionalexpertise 12.
- Phase 1: OrganizationalReview and Analysis
- Focusing on headcount, people and structure
- Analysis of current organization in terms of headcountand staffing requirements
- Job descriptions:functions and responsibilities
- Proposed organizational structure focusing on
- Current business requirements
- Implementation: communication and receiving buy-in
- Timeframe, next steps and savings
13. Organization Structure Validation
- BUSINESS UNIT-Bound to commercial strategy
- MANAGEMENT -Bound to Cultureand Organization
- FUNCTIONAL -Bound to Business Processes
- Recognizing a need for change
- Define strategy /organization/function
- Define leadership challenges
- Define future organizational structure
- Define development positions
- Validate competencies (interview, questioning & test)
- Assess current competencies
- Actionplan to bridge gaps and track careers
14. 15. Organizational Assessment Process Company objective setting Process/Unit objective setting Indivdual objective setting Performance ReviewOn-Going Feedback Corrective actions Re-setting objectives Training and Development Career Planning Rewards and Recognition 16.
- Managing vision & purpose
- Functional excellence
- Dealing ambiguity
- Strategic with capability
- Business acumen
- Financial acumen
- DELIVERING VALUE
- MAKING PLAN
- Innovation Management
- Timely decision making
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Building effective teams
- Withstands pressure
- People development
- Takes ownership
Organizational Competencies 17. Review Business Unit Structure Team Leader Function Manager PresidentManager RESPONSIBILITY Individual Contributor CAPABILITY Senior Management Middle Management Managerial Staff Top Management 18. Job Specifications
- Knowledge, Skills and Attitude
- Competenci es
Task Input Behavior 19. Matching People to Jobs
- Values, Drives, Traits, Self Esteem
- Knowledge, Skills,
Characteristics Education Maturity 20. Phase 2: People AssessmentStructure Business Strategy Business Plan
Organizational Values Succession Selection Development Performance 21. Performance Profiler
- Assessment matrix
- Core Competencies
- Management Competencies
- Interpersonal Competencies
- Gear Job Design
- Supported by a Software tool Cambria Consultants
- The platform for a bench strength assessment of the top 50 managers.
22. Competencies Application & Implementation Selection Appraisal Development CareerTracking SuccessionPlanning Group Objectives Unit Strategies Competencies Rewards 23. Example: Asses