Four week action plan to get a raise
out of 12
Post on 01-Nov-2014
- 1. Four week action plan to get a raise -Start Late, Finish Rich by David Bach
- 2. 5 steps to Finish Rich
- Identify you personal brand
- Write down exactly how much you ask for
- Figures out what your boss think of you ( 7 Magic questions)
- Make your Action Plan
- Discuss your action plan with our boss and ask for the raise
- 3. The personal brand questions
- As an employee, do you stand out or blend in?
- If you left your company , would it be hurt or help?
- Do you come to work on time,early or late?
- Do you have a written plan for your career that describe how you add value at work,or do you wing it?
- Do you have relationship with your person who determines whether you should get a raise? DO you know anything about his or her family? Does he or she knows anything about yours?
- Do you really care about the company you work for o is it just a job?
- Do you spend money, time and/or effort learning a new job skills so you can add great value to your company?
- Do you have a vision of where you want to be with your employer in 3 to 5 years?
- Does your employer knows you have a vision?
- 4. Week 1 - Decide what you want
- Write down exactly what you want to achieve,how you are going to do it and when
- Write down on a sheet of paper:
- You name
- How much you are currently earning
- How much of a raise you are looking for
- What % it represent
- What you annual salary will total
- When you are going to start trying to make it happen
- What your deadline is to make it happen
- Include the name of your supervisors and when you want to discuss with him
- 5. Week 1 preparatory work
- Why the note is necessary?
- The first person you need to question is yourself
- Be honest
- 6. Week 2 Ask yourself the 7 magic questions
- What is the most important thing I do for my boss?
- What is my boss think that I am uniquely talented?
- What would my boss be afraid to tell me about my job or how I do it?
- What would my boss say I could do to add more value to my job?
- What could I do to be my bosss dream team employee?
- Knowing what he or she had learned me in all the time Ive worked here, would my boss hire me today?
- What would my boss say it would take for me to get a raise in the next 6 months?
- 7. Week 2 - Actions
- Once you have the answers, think about on how to put your effort in transforming the negative answers into positive ones
- Specifically work our how to become a great employee
- Establish your action plan
- 8. Week 3 - Learn the 20/ 60/ 20 principle
- 20% fall into the bottom
- 60% fall into the middle group
- 20% fall into the top
- 9. Bottom 20% -Have no Clue
- Really to achieve their work on time
- They tried hard but life never been easy
- The top 20% get it they know what they are looking for
- 10. The chosen few Own the clue
- They fired the bottom 20 %;
- They hire, manage and give raise to the middle 60% and
- They lead the top 20%
- - they are called Clue Creator
- 11. Actions
- You know where you fit in
- Now write your action plan and
- Find out what is productive and what is busywork
- Understand Paretos rule
- Listen and you will learn
- 12. Week 4 -Ask for the raise
- Assess 7 magic questions
- Make an appointment with your boss and ask for it
- Ask this questions: What would it take for me to get a raise in the next 6 months?
- Be quiet: let your boss the layout what youll need to do to get that raise
- Write down what he says,do it, and then follow up with your boss once you have achieved it.
View more >
POST INSPECTION ACTION PLAN - Bucks U ?· POST INSPECTION ACTION PLAN Recommendation 1: Raise pupils…
ACTION PLAN TO RAISE LANGUAGE STANDARDS IN HONG issued a consultation document titled ‘Action Plan to Raise Language ... In Hong Kong, Chinese and English have been commonly used for more than a century.