out of 9
Post on 12-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Discovering December 11, 2008
- 2. What is Facebook?
- Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life. a social network
- 3. Who is Facebook For?
- People who want to stay connected with or reconnect with friends, family, and colleagues.
- Recommended: know at least one person who already has a Facebook account, or someone who is willing to create an account at the same time as you
- 4. Setting Up An Account Go to: http://www.facebook.com *In order to create an account, you must v erify your email address. (email@example.com)
- 5. Finding Friends
- Search your address book to see which friends are already in Facebook
- Find friends by entering education and current employer
- Select People You May Know
- Search by name, or for groups and pages of interest
- Potential friends MUST approve your friend request before you can interact with them.
- 6. Facebook Profiles
- 7. Edit Your Profile
- Profile Picture
- Status Updating
- Personal Info
- 8. Toolbars
- Bottom Toolbar
- Top Toolbar
- 9. Safety First
- Users can edit their safety settings to define who can find them on Facebook, and who can see various parts of their profile
- It is recommended to have only your friends able to view your profile. Leaving your profile open to the public is risky.
- Settings > Privacy Settings > Profile
- Settings > Privacy Settings > Search
- (For password, email, etc: Settings > Account Settings
View more >