creating a culture of service excellence
out of 25
Post on 22-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is a copy of the webinar presentation for the Georgia Chamber of Commerce (Sept. 2012)
- 1. Creating & SustainingA Culture ofService Excellence
- 2. Creating & Sustaining a Culture of ExcellenceTHEO GILBERT-JAMISON Chief Executive Officer of Performance Solutions by Design, a consulting firm headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia that helps organizations across all industries create and sustain a culture of service excellence. Author of the popular leadership book The Six Principles of Service Excellence (published in 2005), and co-author of The Leadership Book of Numbers (published in 2008 & 2012). Prior to launching Performance Solutions by Design in 2003, Theo was Vice President of Training & Organizational Effectiveness with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company where she enjoyed a successful 17 year career. Key contributor, instrumental in implementing and sustaining quality processes and systems companywide that led to The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Companys unprecedented Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Awards in 1992 and 1999. Works closely with diverse leadership groups and organizations, ranging from automotive, legal and financial services, to education, hospitality, healthcare, and retail.
- 3. Opening Quote The customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him.He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so. --Mahatma Gandhi
- 4. Creating & Sustaining a Culture of ExcellenceWHAT WE WILL COVER The Foundation for Creating & Sustaining a Culture of Service Excellence The Six Principles of Service Excellence Overview Creating an Action Plan to Drive Excellence
- 5. Creating & Sustaining a Culture of ExcellenceOPENING QUESTIONS What challenges are you facing in creating and sustaining culture of service excellence? (for internal & external customers) What would you like to gain from this session?
- 6. Levels of Employee Engagement Non- Believers ChangeBelievers (Engaged) Agents(Disengaged) (Fully Engaged)
- 7. Basic Service vs. Excellent Service SERVICE EXCELLENCE Competent Passion Friendly Empathy / Compassion Timely Relationships / Engagement Listening Anticipatory / Proactive Clear Sense of Urgency Communication Exceeding Expectations
- 8. Creating & Sustaining a Culture of Excellence The Three Dangers That Impede the Achievement of Service ExcellenceCompromise Lack of Inconsistency Accountability
- 9. The Roadmap to Sustaining Service Excellence Development Leadership Customer SERVICE Department Accountability Loyalty EXCELLENCE Work Environment & Teamwork
- 10. Creating & Sustaining a Culture of ExcellenceTHE ROLE OF LEADERSHIP What is the definition of SERVICE EXCELLENCE? Is high CUSTOMER LOYALTY important to your organization? If no, why? If yes, what is necessary for your organization to achieve high Customer Loyalty? Is EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT linked to service excellence? If no, why? If yes, what does it take to create fully engaged employees? What is the PURPOSE of leadership in your organization?
- 11. Customer Service vs. Service Excellence CUSTOMER SERVICE SERVICE EXCELLENCEMeeting Expectations Exceeding ExpectationsCompliance with Needs Compliance and AnticipationMeeting Standards Exceeding StandardsWarm & Friendly Accommodating & FlexibleCompetent / Knowledgeable Subject Matter ExpertFocus on Function Focus on PurposeCustomer Satisfaction Customer Loyalty
- 12. Customer Satisfaction vs. Loyalty CUSTOMER LOYALTY Personalized Continuous Service Improvement CUSTOMER SATISFACTION Easy, Effective Defect-Free Warm & Friendly Problem SolutionProduct/Service Staff Process
- 13. Employee Engagement & Driving ExcellenceEMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT Curt CoffmanService Excellence cannot be Employee Engagement Global Practice Leaderachieved without PEOPLE! They The Gallup Organizationmust clearly understand: Were running as an PURPOSE What is my purpose? economy at 30 percent ROLE What is expected of me? efficiency ACTIONS What must I do? Only 3 out of every 10 employees SYSTEMS What processes are in Only 30 out of every 100 employees place to make me successful? .are working at their highest potential
- 14. Leadership Function vs. Purpose LEADERSHIP FUNCTION LEADERSHIP PURPOSE Manage and oversee department or Inspire, lead and motivate employees division operations to achieve greater goals Operate within budget Set the vision and mission for the department or division Hire and manage employees Be a mentor, coach and role model Attend meetings Ensure the team is aligned around a Control costs and waste common purpose Maintain and improve worker Provide direction, praise and productivity recognition for a job well done Handle internal/external conflict Develop the skill and talent of their Complete reports team Maintain safe work environment
- 15. Creating & Sustaining a Culture of ExcellenceCreating a Culture of Your role as a Leader is to ensure that your serviceSERVICE EXCELLENCE philosophy is:has a Trickle Up Effect Known Senior Leadership Clearly Understood Relevant Managers Aligned Supervisors Discussed Acted On Employees Measured
- 16. Creating & Sustaining a Culture of Excellence THE SIX PRINCIPLES OF SERVICE EXCELLENCE Where are Your Gaps?
- 17. The Six Principles of Service Excellence Senior Leadership Alignment & Accountability Principle 2 Principle 3 Principle 4 Principle 5 Principle 6 Business Service Intervention & Organizational Measurement & Objectives Standards Learning Alignment Leadership Strategy Accountability Principle 1 Vision and Mission Statement The Six Principles
View more >
State Program Logo The Colorado Performance Excellence (CPEx) Award Program Creating a Culture of Excellence Pervasive Throughout Colorado
Just Culture www.justculture.org. Just Culture is about: Creating an open, fair, and just culture Creating an open, fair, and just culture Creating a
Journal of Management Excellence: Creating Value - of Management Excellence: Creating Value March 2011…
CREATING A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE - ILMEA ?· CREATING A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE ... ¥ A Copland Tribute…