out of 10
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Social Psychology (Comic Strip) Ngo Jia Haur (0320144) Nur Iman Bin Mohd Zahari (0321736) Nadhirah Binti Mohd Zain (0321366) Sateshraj (0321419) Wong Qin Kai (0320024)
- 2. Story Plot Jordan is one of my best friends whom I met in my University who came from a poor family. However, I really admire the way he is always inspiring and positive. He never complains about his status quo and studied hard to achieve his own dreams. I have learnt a lot from him and my source of motivation. Once, he made a promise to treat me a meal if I attained an A+ in my social psychology examination, and I did not dissapoint him and passed with flying colours. Recollecting the memory of being suspended from the University, I felt self-abandoned and found belonging in some rebels who invited me to join them as a gang. We abducted a child who was walking alone in the valley and blackmailed his parents. Unfortunately, this was soon seen through and we were under arrested. By being involved with these notorious rebels, most of my friends have started to distance themselves from me. As I was in despair, I thought that eveyone has given up on me including my best friend, Jordan. Yet, he showed up when I was being released. Regardless of my records, he had shown kindness and faithfulness in friendship in times of desperation. I regreted for
- 3. Story of Nicholas's Life 5 Concepts inside the comic strip. Observational Learning Extrinsic Motivation Altruistic Model Persuasion Instrumental Aggression Automatic Processing
- 4. Observational Learning Replicating, retaining and watching others engage in behaviors and repeat those action from a model. Observational learning is shown here as Jordan is always positive and never complains about his circumstances. Meanwhile, he is very well-behaved. He likes helping and motivating people around him.Thus, by observing Jordan's behaviour, Nicholas will then learn and replicate the behaviour.
- 5. Extrinsic Motivation Extrinsic motivation is defined as someone who is motivated by certain action in response to the external pressure or responsibility. It could be used to avoid punishment or used to earn tangible rewards. Nicholas scored an A+ in his final exam as he was motivated by the reward that was offered to him.
- 6. Instrumental aggression A premeditated aggressive action is carried out in order to achieve a specific goal and the goal is "non- injurious". Jordan and his rebellious friends had abducted a child but they won't hurt him because they just want to blackmail his parents.
- 7. Altruistic Model It happens when behaviors are done for selfless reasons. Altruistic Model is shown here because Jordan don't want let Nicholas go astray. So after careful consideration, he decided to call to the police and catch them. Jordan was very sad to watch Nicholas under arrested, but for him, it will be worth it.
- 8. Automatic Processing Respond to information automatically and without taking time to think about it. When the police rush into their hiding spot, Nicholas's heart rate are likely to speed up. He knows if he moves, he will get shoot. So, he automatically stop running and gave himself in.
- 9. Persuasion A symbolic process in which communicators try to convince others to change their attitudes or behaviors regarding an issue through the transmission of a message in an atmosphere of free choice. Jordan try to persuade Nicholas to turn over a new leaf by not holding back of the matters that cannot be changed .
- 10. Thank You ~
View more >