cloud computing & cloud brokers
Post on 26-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Inspired by Innovation Cloud Brokers
- Perception about Cloud
- Evolution of Computing
- Could Computing Views & Definition
- Cloud Services
- Types of Clouds
- Cloud Success Stories
- Cloud Brokers & Types
- Functions of Cloud Brokers
Agenda 3. Cloud Computing 4.
- The interesting thing about cloud computing is that weve redefined cloud computing to include everything that we already do.  The computer industry is the only industry that is more fashion-driven than womens fashion. Maybe Im an idiot, but I have no idea what anyone is talking about. What is it? Its complete gibberish. Its insane. When is this idiocy going to stop? - Larry Ellison
Cloud Computing Larry Ellison 5.
- Cloud computing is simply a buzzword used to repackage grid computing and utility computing, both of which have existed for decades.
Cloud Computing Whatis.com 6.
- Applying the resources of many computers in a network to a single problem at the same time - usually to a scientific or technical problem that requires a great number of computer processing cycles or access to large amounts of data
- SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence)
Over view of Grid Computing 7. Utility computing is the packaging of computing resources, such as computation and storage, as a metered service similar to a traditional public utility (such as electricity, water, natural gas, or telephone network)Grid, Utility, Cloud Computing,Grid Cloud Underlying concept Utility Computing Utility Computing Main benefit Solve computationally complex problems Provide a scalable standard environment for network-centric application development, testing and deployment Resource distribution / allocation Negotiate and manage resource sharing; schedulers Simple user provider model; pay-per-use Domains Multiple domains Single domain Character / history Non-commercial, publicly funded Commercial 8. Evolution from Grid to Cloud Computing 9. 5th Generation Of Computing Evolution ofComputing,1980s 1990s 2009Today 1970s 10. Cloud Computing Definition 11.
A buyer centric view of technology where applications are available, through purchase, rental or even development, wherever and whenever ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CFO An approach to consume technology in a pay-as-you-go model where consumers only pay for what they use ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CIO A comprehensive virtualization model for technology from infrastructurethrough application delivery Cloud computing is all of these things! Perception of Cloud Computing, 12.
- Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared resources, software and information, are provided to computers and other devices on-demand, like the electricity grid.
- --- Wikipedia
Definition of Cloud Computing, 13.
- On demand self service
- Ubiquitous network access
- Location independent
- Resource pooling
- Rapid Elasticity
- Pay per use
Features of Cloud Computing, 14.
- Cloud Services Definitions (XAAS)
- Everything as a Service (EaaS, Xaas, *aaS) is a concept of Software components across the network
- It is a sub sect of Cloud computing
- Most popular being SaaS
- Many service types try to re use cloud computing
- Most common types are:
- Other Services are:
Cloud Services 17.
- Major Cloud Computing Services
Major cloud computing services 18.
- SAAS Software as a service
- The application itself is provided by service provider
- ENTERPRISE:SalesForce.com, WebEx, Officelive
- USER MAIL:gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo
- USER PICS:flickr, picasa
- IAAS (Infrastructure as a service)
- Offers capacity for rent, basically hosted data centers and Servers
- An evolution of web site and server hosting services provided by VPS
- Verizon's CAAS (Computing as a service)
- AT&T (Hosting & Storage)
- PAAS (Platform as a service)
- Platforms enable application developers to host their services
- Googles AppEngine
- A Simple Service Map
A simple service map 22.
- NAAS Network as a service
- Provides global network capacity likeCDNs ( Content Delivery Network)
- Example, known video CDNs like
- Amazon CloudFront
CDN:Usually a hosting service who has multiple servers that can provide the endpoint connection for your stream users NAAS 23.
- DAAS: Data as a Service
- A service or web service provides access and analytics around a set of propriety set of aggregated data
- Salary.com Collects data from users and sells the same to companies
- CAAS (Communication as a service)
- Is a type of enterprise communications where third party vendor manages Hardware and Software required for VOIP
- IP-Centraxa remote PBX
- Service Maps
Service maps 26. Cloud Types
- Services are delivered to the client via internet from third party service provider
Public cloud 28.
- These services are managed and provided with in an organization characterized by less restriction on bandwidth fewer security restrictions and legal requirements compared to public cloud
- HP Data centers
Private cloud 29. Public Vs Private 30.
- It is a combination of services provided by the Private and public cloud
- ERP in private cloud
- Sales & Email in public
Hybrid Clouds 31. Map of Players in the Industry 32.
- Left Side
- Cloud Providers - vendors who provide server hardware in commodity form, as a virtualized cloud
- Cloud Deployment - solutions surrounding the deployment of applications to a virtualized cloud
- Virtual Appliances - packaging and virtualization format solutions for provisioning applications into a cloud
- Topology Management - solutions focused on the coordination of many virtual appliances (app, DB, network) in the cloud to form a full deployment
- Billing, Contract Management - solutions that provide metering, billing, pricing, and contract management to help charge for use of a system
- Security - solutions focused on solving security requirements in these markets
- Data - services that deliver/retain data for applications
- Hosters 2.0 - Hosting Service Providers with SaaS focus. Perhaps a controversial grouping and impossible to define, these hosters tend to appear over and over in these markets
- Nerd Stuff - geeky topics fall into this category. MapReduce is mechanism for solving large computing tasks, like Google Search indexing
Legend of left side 33.
- Right Side
- On Demand Apps - the heart of the SaaS market, only a few depicted here but we could add "...and a cast of thousands". These are the end application products offered for consumption in a SaaS model
- Integration as a Service - service solutions that help in integrating multiple systems, possibly multiple SaaS systems
- Content as a Service - hosted content repositories
- BPM and Workflow - service based offerings for managing workflow and process
- Platform as a Service - incarnations of the PaaS concept
Legend of Right side 34.
- Cloud Providers
- Amazon EC2
- IBM Blue Cloud
- On Demand Apps
- Oracle On