Class 37 - CAN, CAN'T
Post on 27-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
CLASS 37 WHAT DAY IS TODAY?
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE?
WARM UP: Complete the sports crossword with the names of the sports
ACTIVITY 1: CAN: Write sentences
1. I / play basketball
2. He / play football
3. Gabriela / speak English
4. We / dive
CANT: Write negative sentences
1.I / not / dive
2. You / not / play basketball
3. She / not / speak Spanish
4. My friends / not swim
CAN / CANT: Complete the sentences with CAN or CANT1.Shes good at sports. She . Play tennis and basketball.
2.Im good at basketball but I play tennis.
3. you ski? Yes, but not very well.
4. My brother is good at languages. He .. speak French, Italian and Spanish.
5. Are your friends good at sport? No, they .. swim, play tennis or basketball.
6. My parents .. speak English but not very well.ACTIVITY 2: CAN / CANT: in questions and answers. Look at the table below. Write questions and short answers.FOR EXAMPLE: SIMON / SKI - CAN SIMON SKI? YES, HE CAN
1.NICOLA / SWIM? - NO,
2. NICOLA AND TERESA / DO THE HIGH JUMP
? - .
3.SIMON / SWIM?
? - .
5. NICOLA AND SIMON / PLAY TENNIS?
-? - ...
Now, write questions with question words and answers.
FOR EXAMPLE: WHO / PLAY TENNIS - Who can play tennis? Andy and Teresa can.1. WHAT sports / Andy do..
2. WHO / do the high jump
3. WHAT sports / Simon do
4. WHO / do all four sports
FOR EXAMPLE: IS THERE ANY PENCIL? YES, THERE IS / NO, THERE ISNT ARE THERE ANY APPLES? YES, THERE ARE / NO, THERE ARENT
THERE ARE SOME PENCILS IN THE PENCIL CASE
ACTIVITY 3: THERE IS / THERE ARE, THERE ISNT / THERE ARENT: Complete the sentences with the correct form.1.. a sports centre in this town. Its very good.
2.The centre has got a big pool but .. a childrens pool.
3. swimming classes at this sports centre? Yes, .
4. This sports centre is very good. .. classes every day.
5. The centre has got a gym but . Aerobic classes.
6. . A gym near here? Yes, . Its in Green Street.
B) AFFIRMATIVE AND NEGATIVE: Write sentences with short forms.
FOR EXAMPLE: A caf (YES) a restaurant (NO) Theres a caf but there isnt a restaurant1.Tennis courts (YES) - Basketball Courts (NO)
2. A Jacuzzi (YES) - A sauna (NO)
3. A football pitch (YES) - Football clases (NO)
4. A gym (YES) - Aerobic classes (NO)
5. Two swimming pools (YES) - A childrens pool (NO)
C) AFFIRMATIVE: There IS / There ARE: Look at the list and write sentences with full forms.
FOR EXAMPLE: There is a gym
There are two swimming pools.
RECYCLING PRESENT SIMPLE
ACTIVITY 4: Write the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1.I . (CLEAN) my bedroom every week.
2. My friend and I (NOT GO) to school at weekends.
3. You . (NOT GET UP) early at weekends.
4. They (DO) the high jump.
5. Our cat (NOT SLEEP) in the house.
6. You (WRITE) interesting letters.
7. I (NOT MAKE) breakfast.
8. My mother .. (READ) the newspaper every morning.
9. Tom .. (WATCH) TV at night.
10. We .. (LIVE) in a large house.
B) AFFIRMATIVE AND NEGATIVE: Use the words to write sentences.
1. My father / not work in an office / work in a clinic
2. My mother / not translate texts / write computer programmes
3. She / not work in the morning / work in the afternoon
4. My brother / not study / works for a big company
5.My cat / not sleep on my bed / sleep in the kitchen
ACTIVITY 1: THE TIME: Match the times in numbers with the times in words.
ACTIVITY 2: NEGATIVE: PRESENT SIMPLE + HE / SHE / IT
1. My friend / not play tennis / at weekends...
2.My sister / not study / English
3. Julia / not go to school / on Saturdays
4.My father / not work / at home
5. Martina / not go to bed / early
6. My mother / not make lunch / at weekends
F) NEGATIVE: Write the sentences in the negative.
1.We go to the cinema every week.
2.I have lunch at one clock
3.You play basketball at weekends
4.We read the newspaper every morning
5.My parents do the shopping in the centre.
6. My brother and I do our homework every evening.
...TODAY IS .
IT IS A DAY
MY NAME IS __________________________
CAN has different meanings
I CAN SWIM = I have the ability
I CAN GO TO THE PARTY = It is possible for me
CAN YOU HELP ME? = Please help me
CAN NOT = CANT
CAN / CANT + VERB
THERE IS / THERE ISNT = Singular and uncountable nouns
THERE ARE / THERE ARENT = Plural and countable nouns
(AFFIRMATIVE) SOME: algo de, algunos/as COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE
(NEGATIVE AND INTERROGATIVE) --------------- ANY
Six clock in the evening
Seven forty-five in the evening
Two thirty in the afternoon
Six clock in the morning
Four fifteen in the afternoon
Seven thirty in the morning
1. 4.15 p.m.
2. 6.00 p.m.
3. 7.30 a.m.
4. 2.30 p.m.
5. 7.45 p.m.
6. 6.00 a.m.