China Lesson 2 - Economics and Achievements
out of 13
Post on 06-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
- WARM-UP (page A) Write out the whole clue and answer. A. Woodblock Printing C. Gunpowder B. Compass D. Calligraphy 1. A type of art. 2. Example: Stamp 3. Very important to sailors and explorers.
- Economics How was Chinas natural resources different from Mesopotamia? What is Jade? Which resource of China provided the greatest economic benefit? Natural Resources: Chinas diverse geography provided an abundance of natural resources. Jade (a green stone used in jewelry and art) Silver Iron Silk (most valuable resource) Spices (Ginger, Cinnamon)
- Economics The Silk Road: When did the Silk Road begin? The Silk Road began during the Han Dynasty. It was not a single trade route, but instead many smaller ones linked together from China to the Mediterranean. What was the Silk Road made up of? Where did the Silk Road stretch to?
- Economics What three ways did the Silk Road impact world history? Global Effects of the Silk Road: 1. Economic a) Made China wealthy b) Provided jobs to lower class Chinese; silk production Which religion spread to China on the Silk Road? 2. Diffusion of Ideas a) Buddhism spread to China from the silk road 3. Disease a) Bubonic Plague (Black Death)
- Achievements What is isolation? The Great Wall of China: China valued its isolation, or being separate, from the rest of the world. Who first began building the Great Wall? Trying to stop invaders (Mongolians), the Qin Dynasty were the first to build a wall. Was the Great Wall built all at once? Later, the Han and Ming Dynasties would rebuild and lengthen the wall.
- Achievements What was the purpose of the Civil Service Exam? What other invention was similar to paper? Han Dynasty: 1. Civil Service Exam: This was a test you had to pass if you wanted to work in the government. The exam improved the effectiveness of government. 2. Paper : A thin sheet for writing 3. Seismograph: A device that can measure earthquakes.
- Achievements The Four Great Inventions: What are the 4 greatest inventions of ancient China? 1. 2. 3. 4. Woodblock Printing Paper Gunpowder Compass These 4 Chinese inventions had the greatest impact on human history.
- Achievements What was porcelain? A Chinese painting was most likely to have was kind of image? Art and Literature: 1. Poetry / Paintings 2. Porcelain: a hard, white substance that only the Chinese could make for more than a 1,000 years. 3. Calligraphy Chinese art focused on nature, the family, and Buddhist themes.
View more >
China's Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges Foundation of Agricultural Economics • University of California 5 China’s Agriculture: Achievements and Challenges Colin A. Carter Persistent high food prices have drawn renewed attention to the role of China in world food
Ancient India & China 2500 BC- 256 BC Civilizations in India & China Foundations for Religion & Philosophy Achievements of Ancient Asia Green Book Ch 3
China and FAO Achievements and success ?· China and FAO Achievements and success stories. ... Reproduction…
?· the Peoples Republic of China in the Hong Kong SAR ... recognized the achievements of ... on 3rd…
achievements - Management Poll ... • The Philippines 1 Award ... • Treasury Today in China — Unilever (China) in partnership with Citi
ECONOMICS OUTPUT SHOCKS IN CHINA: DO THE ?· ECONOMICS . OUTPUT SHOCKS IN CHINA: DO THE DISTRIBUTIONAL…