Chapter 6 central america and the caribbean ppt lesson 2
Post on 18-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONChapter 6, lesson 2 in the series
- 1. Chapter 6 - CENTRAL AMERICAand theCARIBBEANISLANDSLesson 2 Physical Features and Climate
- Yr 8s, lets get back on the aircraft and hop on over to Central America and well continue our WFLMS journey through Central America!
3. Core Vocabulary
4. 5. What are the Mainlands Physical Features 6. Major Volcanoes in Central America 7. 8. 9. HOW DID VOLCANOES MAKE THE ISLANDS? 10. Islands are Volcanic Mountain tops The Greater Antilles. 11. Geothermal Plant 12. HOW DOES CORAL MAKE ISLANDS? Atolls are ring shaped islands that formed around a volcano that has sunk below the seawater level 13. Coral and associated Reef Fish 14. How Does the Panama Save Time? 15. PANAMA CANAL Watch the PPT on the building of the Panama Canal 16. WHAT IS THE CLIMATE LIKE?
- Mountain areas between 3-6,000 ft. have a Tierra templadaclimate.
- Caribbean lowlands have a lowlands climate. up to 100inches of rain.
- Most Caribbean Islands have tropical
- Savanna climates.
- Tropical Storms and hurricanes are worst from August to October.
17. HOW DOES THE CLIMATE AFFECT THE PEOPLE?