An Introduction to WAP/WML. What is WAP? WAP stands for Wireless Application Protocol. WAP is for handheld devices such as mobile phones. WAP is designed.
out of 13
Post on 25-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- An Introduction to WAP/WML
- Slide 2
- What is WAP? WAP stands for Wireless Application Protocol. WAP is for handheld devices such as mobile phones. WAP is designed for micro browsers. WAP is based on the Internet standards (HTML, XML and TCP/IP). WAP consists of WML (Wireless Markup Language), WMLScript and WTAI (Wireless Telephone Application Interface).
- Slide 3
- WAP Forum WAP is being developed under the guidance of the WAP Forum, founded in 1997 by Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia, and Unwired Planet. WAP Forum website: http://www.wapforum.org
- Slide 4
- Wireless Environment Small screen size Limited processing power Lack of a full keyboard Slow connection speed Costly access
- Slide 5
- A Different Design For the above reasons, WAP applications are typically made up of screenfuls of minimal text and lists of options, no graphic design. Success is measured by how quickly the user can find information or make a transaction and get out, not how long a user will hang on the site.
- Slide 6
- Slide 7
- How WAP Works WAP-enabled devices communicate with web server through a WAP gateway. The gateway converts WAP requests into HTTP requests to the web server. The gateway compiles the documents from the server into WAP Binary XML (WBXML) and send it to the phone.
- Slide 8
- What is WML? WML stands for Wireless Markup Language. WML is an application of XML, thus needs to be both valid (using WML elements according to the DTD) and well-formed (abiding by the stringent XML syntax rules). WML documents have extension.wml
- Slide 9
- WML Decks and Cards A WML application has one or more decks. A WML document is a deck. The max compiled deck size is 1.4 KB. A deck contains some cards (pages). A card contains a few screens. A screen holds three to six lines of text.
- Slide 10
- WML tags WML is mostly about text. WMLs tags are similar to HTMLs, but tags that slow down communication with handheld devices are not a part of the WML standard. The use of tables and images is strongly restricted. See textbook for a summary of WML tags.
- Slide 11
- A Simple WML Document
- Slide 12
- Result Mobile Phone Display
- Slide 13
- Validate WML Documents You may download an emulator program such as Openwave Simulator onto your computer. ( http://developer.phone.com/download /) Or you can view WML pages using web- based emulators. ( http://www.wapemulator.com )
View more >
Wireless Application Protocol “Wireless application protocol (WAP) is an application environment and set of communication protocols for wireless devices.
WAP - ?· WAP 1 WAP is the de facto worldwide standard for providing Internet communications and advanced…
Ignify ?· Ignify Consulting Wireless Application Protocol ... WAP & WML! Limitations! WAP ... Forum…
Wireless Application Protocol. Outline Mobile applications How are mobile/wireless environments different? What is WAP? WAP Architecture WAE.
wAP - i.mt.lv ?· The wAP (wall AP) is a small weatherproof wireless access point for your mobile devices,…
WAP Push OTA - stuff.mit.edu: students' portal ?· Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) is a result of…
Wireless Application Protocol - WAP - TKK - Application Protocol - WAP ... Negative voice - Mohsen Banan ... • Content Networking In The Mobile Internet, ...
WAP-Wireless application Protocol WAP is a universal open standard developed by WAP Forum to provide mobile users, pagers and PDA’s access to Internet.
WAP Architecture Presented by, Nithya Inbamani. WAP Background Wireless Application Protocol – secure specification. Wireless Application Protocol – secure.
Beyond WAP By Zhongyin J. Daye Han-Chung Lee. Agenda Introduction –WAP Protocol Stack –Future Wireless Environment –Problem Facing WAP Application Layer.
Presentation on WAP …Keerti Sharma August 2002 Agenda… What is WAP ? Limitations of Internet for wireless applications WAP Architecture / protocol stack.