advocate marketing: an overview: mid-atlantic marketing summit september 19, 2013
out of 25
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Advocate Marketing: An Overview Mid-Atlantic Marketing Summit Baltimore, MD September 19, 2013 Chad Horenfeldt @chadhorenfeldt Director, Customer Operations @Influitive Fred Bals @fredatektron Manager, Media & Customer Relationship Programs @Ektron
- 2. 2 @chadhorenfeldt SELECT CUSTOMERS: About Influitive 2013 Cool Vendor in Social Marketing Influitive helps B2B marketers recruit, mobilize and recognize an army of advocates that outsell their best sales reps. WHO WE ARE: Founded in 2010 Toronto, Bay Area and Boston >$11M raised from top tier investors
- 3. 3 @chadhorenfeldt Marketers are no longer in control of the buying process 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 2006 2010 2014F Dependence on knowledgeable peers in the buying process (B2B software buyers) Initiates process Initiates contact Purchase complete 75% of buying process complete before B2B buying interacts with company! 75% 25%
- 4. Advocate reviews ATTRACT buyers Fact: 60% of tech B2B customers search for peer testimonials/reviews of a product
- 5. 6 Advocate reviews attract buyers Xactlys FOX program drove 262 LinkedIn reviews, follows, and shares, making it one of the most visited profiles in 2012.
- 6. Advocates refer the best leads Fact: Your biggest fans spend 13% more than the average customer and refer business equal to 45% of the money they spend
- 7. Advocates help you capture the best leads 200+ referrals $180,000 pipeline 5% conversion rate The biggest untapped resource is your existing customer base. Jeff Linton, Act-ON $80,000 (Closed) In 6 months, Act-Ons referral program drove $180K in pipeline
- 8. Nothing nurtures better than customer success stories Fact: B2B marketers cite case studies (78%), followed by white papers (73%), and in-person events (72%) as the most effective content for lead nurturing.
- 9. 11 @chadhorenfeldt Referrals Product reviewsBlog comments Hey can you help me with ? ReferencesRetweets, like s, shares Discover Consider Purchase Retain Inspire Media interviews User groups Product surveys Customer Advisory Boards Analyst interviews
- 10. 12 @chadhorenfeldt
- 11. 13 @chadhorenfeldt Experience is poor for advocates today What advocates seek: Status Recognition Career value Connections Part of the team Reputation Perks Feedback What advocates get: Neglect + Abuse = Annoyed Leads to Advocate disengagement
- 12. Fred Bals: Customer Advocacy Manager at Enterprise Content Management Digital Experience Software
- 13. Founded in 1998 Headquarters in Greater Boston area - Offices in Australia and the United Kingdom 200+ Employees Over 3,800 customers and 12,000 sites MISSION: Empower marketers through best-in-class solutions for WCM and DXM WEB CONTENT MANAGEMENT Create, deploy, and manage enterprise- scale, global, dynamic websites. DIGITAL EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT Personalize, analyze, and optimize content delivery to digital channels web, mobile, and social. About Ektron
- 14. A community for Ektron fans and followers Influence Ektron through participation in betas, surveys and questions Recognition from Ektron through perks and special programs Ektron Inner Circle Program
- 15. "Our first job in marketing is to help empower our fans to bring others on-board. That's what makes us grow. ~ Ken Gullicksen, Evernote COO OUR GOALS Nurture our advocates Grow our relationships with them Learn from them Broadcast their advocacy of Ektron to our markets Who are Ektrons advocates? Customers Developers, Designers, Content Authors, Administrators, Marketing and other roles Partners Developers, Sales, Marketing and other roles Employees Everyone at Ektron
- 16. Invite customers, part ners, employee s Mobilize them to complete challenges Recognize their achievements Customer Advocacy in Action: The Inner Circle helps Ektron recruit, manage, and acknowledge its advocates I could not do my job without the Inner Circle
- 17. THE OBJECTIVE: Ektrons annual SYNERGY Customer Conference: We needed to make it more Customer-Centric
- 18. CHALLENGE: VIDEOS Crowd-source the I am Ektron customer videos to be shown at the opening keynote. No Recruiting! Videos collected on the spot. 40 I am Ektron Videos Collected.
- 19. CHALLENGE: FUN Mobilize attendees to build one great song for keynote breaks. One of the most popular challenges weve ever done.
- 20. CHALLENGE: AWARDS Generate huge increase in customer submissions for Site of the Year award.
- 21. CHALLENGE: CASE STUDIES Video case study interviews. Hours of footage Dozens of interviews
- 22. Over 200 reference contacts coordinated through EIC 50+ nominations for 2012 Site of the Year 73 sign-ups to participate in Beta Programs Feedback on Aloha Editor, eSync, Ektron Support 247 Tweets, 25 LinkedIn recommendations, Dozens of survey responses, testimonials, quotes, etc. EIC in Action
- 23. Download the Advocate Marketing Playbook www.influitive.com/playbook Questions? Need more information? @chadhorenfeldt @FredatEktron
View more >