9 things your boss should never say to you
out of 20
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONblog - www.andrewchow.sg Fanpage - http://www.facebook.com/ideasandrew Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/ideasandrew
- 9 Things Your Boss Should Never Say To You
- #1 - I pay your salary, so you have to do exactly what I tell you to do
- Good bosses lead by example and motivate their workers. This way, they cultivate loyalty and drive in their workers. Commands and orders aren't usually effective unless the worker is in a very regimental organisation such as the army.
- #2 Youre very lucky to be getting this months bonus. Other companies' employees only get turkeys for Christmas
- Bosses should reward employees according to their hard work, instead of comparing what other companies are giving their employees Supervisors should recognise that employees are the ones producing profits and should never use such a tone with them.
- #3 I was here last Friday night and Saturday morning, where were you?
- The employee may be more productive working from home outside of office hours Time spent in office may be relevant, but no supervisor should make an employee spend too much time in the office environment
- #4 You should stay because we have special privileges for women
- While women do have benefits such as child-care leave or maternity leave, men also have a role to play in raising their children If a company allocates rewards based on gender, something is not quite right. Good bosses should never discriminate, especially in matters like gender
- #5 We got to cut cost
- Managers should lead by example e.g. taking a salary cut together with the rest of the employees Managing an organisation's budget is important, but not cutting into employees' salaries and bonuses.
- #6 I dont care about your problems
- Listening to an employee for a moment or two can make lots of difference, especially when the employee is just feeling frustrated. It also builds up an employee's loyalty and morale, making him / her a more productive worker. One of the deadliest phrases for a supervisor to say to an employee, this shows a supervisor's lack of concern for his employees' work.
- #7 We have always done it this way
- Thats something new, lets see if we can make it work through future brainstorming This merely shows an employee that his / her supervisor is entrenched in a fixed mindset and is unwilling to compromise.
- #8 This is terrible work
- Instead of lambasting a worker straight in the face, a supervisor should think about whether expectations have been communicated clearly to the employee Supervisors should also ensure that employees are given sufficient resources, budget and support to complete the tasks properly.
- #9 You're the worst worker I've ever hired
- Supervisors should never resort to abuse and mean words to speak to employees. Instead, bosses should always speak politely and with civility. Better yet, point out to the employee what he or she is doing wrong.
- ideasandrew www www.andrewchow.sg
View more >