where we're headed: construction technology trends for 2015 and beyond
out of 38
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. WHERE WERE HEADED: CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY TRENDS FOR 2015 AND BEYOND
- 2. LAUREN HASEGAWA Co-Founder, Bridgit Lauren is a Structural Engineering graduate with a background in concrete restoration. As a young engineer, Lauren has always had an interest in how new technologies can improve efficiency and productivity on construction projects. With this passion, she founded Bridgit, a mobile and web communication platform for the construction industry in 2012. Bridgit focuses on developing mobile-first solutions that can help relieve on-site pain points, such as deficiency management. Lauren is an active me n t o r t o y o u n g wome n i n engineering and a frequent speaker at local and national industry events focused on construction innovation.
- 3. Technology is evolving at an exponential rate
- 4. It took less than 40 years to go from the first PC to the first iPad
- 5. and just 4 years to go from the first iPad to Google Glass
- 6. 3D printing
- 7. Augmented reality
- 8. We need to pay attention to emerging trends in technology
- 9. Construction Technology Trends for 2015 1. Device convergence: Phablets to replace tablets on-site 2. Augmented reality and wearables to make BIM and VDC more accessible 3. Near-field communications (NFC) to gain popularity on-site 4. Truly paperless jobsites
- 10. 1. DEVICE CONVERGENCE: PHABLETS TO REPLACE TABLETS ON-SITE
- 11. Phone + Tablet
- 12. Phablet
- 13. Source: Deloitte TMT Predictions 2014
- 14. Source: Deloitte TMT Predictions 2014 iPhone 6
- 15. Tablets on-site for plans
- 16. You no longer need to choose between a smartphone and a large screen
- 17. 2. AUGMENTED REALITY AND WEARABLES TO MAKE BIM AND VDC MORE ACCESSIBLE
- 18. Weve been communicating 3D intentions with 2D tools: Spreadsheets, paper drawings, etc.
- 19. Augmented reality is helping to improve that
- 20. iPhone 6
- 21. and wearables are making it even better
- 22. 3. NEAR-FIELD COMMUNICATIONS (NFC) TO GAIN POPULARITY ON-SITE
- 23. NFC is a secure form of data exchange that allows data to be transferred from physical tags to NFC devices
- 24. The smartphone in your pocket will be an NFC device.
- 25. 4. TRULY PAPERLESS JOBSITES
- 26. Paperless = Cloud
- 27. The key to going truly paperless is complete adoption
- 28. Its where were headed
- 29. What seems like a stretch of the imagination today, may well be the reality of tomorrow.
- 30. Download the full eBook to learn more
- 31. Thank you. Lauren Hasegawa Co-Founder, Bridgit firstname.lastname@example.org www.gobridgit.com
- 32. Mobile punch list management Learn how Closeout can help improve your punch list process today.
View more >
music/We're Gonna Worship the King.pdf WE'RE GONNA WORSHIP THE KING We're gonna worship the King We're