What painting technique is pictured below? How do you know that?
out of 8
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- What painting technique is pictured below? How do you know that?
- Slide 2
- Distressing = Purposely removing paint to make an item look aged or worn Reasons to Do this: Style, Look, Necessity (You need an object to look old but you only have something brand new) Ways: Sandpaper, Brillo pad, paint solvents
- Slide 3
- Splattering = Water (a small amount!) is mixed with paint and then using a bristle brush paint is thrown at the surface Size of splatters depend on: Amount of Water added Size of Brush Fling vs. Flick How far away you are from your target Used to add depth Stage light catches the splatters and create texture making flat walls seem more realistic Really fun..REALLY MESSY
- Slide 4
- Rag Rolling = Can be done in two ways 1.Rolling on paint with a roller and then rolling a bunch of rag down the surface to remove paint OR 2. Rolling a rag dipped in paint on a surface - Can create either a spontaneous pattern or one that is fairly uniform
- Slide 5
- Sponging = Texture is created by sponging paint on to a surface or being removed from the surface with a (get this ) a sponge Colors can be layered to create different effects Different sponges with create different looks One way to create granite (I like the splattering method better)
- Slide 6
- Scumbling = Putting a small amount of paint on your brush and then applying it lightly to a dry surface. Often used to layer in the background ex. Sunbeams coming through the cloud Think Monet
- Slide 7
- Bamboo = Bamboo is hollow and therefore a paint brush can be attached to the end of it to create an extension for the artist Why? = Well usually you are painting with the set pieces on the floor and you cant step on them and you dont want to be hunched over. AKA Bamboo saves your back! Comes in different lengths and widths. No picture is needed.its bamboo.
- Slide 8
- Lining Stick = Used to create clean straight lines on the set piece Long wooden piece connected to a handle A paint well is cut out of the edge so that your painted line is clean Oh lookBamboo!
View more >
Newslett Web viewMembers Newsletter. Issue 5, April 2012. Pictured below: Delegates at the AHEAD Conference…
Painting Chapter 5. Painting For many, art is painting Painting is linked with drawing as drawing is…
Pictured left to right: Jeff Keane, executive VP marketing ... ?· Pictured left to right: Jeff Keane,…
Connect! Where do embryos of the pictured organisms develop? Where do embryos of the pictured organisms develop?
The Great Gatsby Chapter 1. Whose residences are pictured below? What details from the text support your responses? (Cite them!)
JamEs FuKuda $35,000 Pictured with Casino Shift Manager ... Kum cha Tagawa $35,000 Ewa Beach, hI Pictured
Photoshop Painting Outline - ?· Photoshop Painting Photoshop’is’a’very’diverse’raster’programthatis’used’for’a’variety’of’reasons.…
MEMORIAL GARDEN - Ancestors Memorial Garden Blueprint - Tide Tribute. 51 In the eighteenth century, British abolitionists published the now-famous diagram pictured below,