Post on 19-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Mr. Upal Ghosh
2. Education: B.Arch., University of DelhiProfessional Affiliation: Fellow of the Indian Institute of Architects. Member of Council of Architects, India. The founding partnerUpalghosh Associates. He practiced since 1961, as the principle design partnerof PGA till Upalghosh Associates was established in 1981. Prior to 1961, he worked with Municipal Corporation for a few years. a project must functionally satisfy the client, during which if we can offer some amount of style in its architecture, I think one achieves a lot 3. Upalghosh Associates is a multi - discipline firm of professionals, excelling in Architecture, Urban Design, Planning, Engineering and Interiors.. The firm was formed by Upal Ghosh, in 1981. He had been the Principle Design Partner Of the Architectural firm Pradhan Ghosh and Associates (PGA) from 1962 to 1981. PGA was dissolved after the formation of Upalghosh Associates. Principals:The Firm approaches each individual problem through team effort, with members chosen from a select group of consultants and specialists. Throughout the projects duration, the direct responsibility remains with the partners incharge and the project architects; thus, assuring continuity of the design idea and administration. This system ensures an interactive and personalizedclient-architect relationship , during all phases of the project. 4.
- The philosophy of the firm is simple and direct.
- Each space or place designed and build, must work efficiently for the owner as well as the user.
- The project must be completed within estimated time and budget.
- The project must evolve out of, not only the existing environment and site within which it is executed, but also the functional requirements, which are unique to each client.
- High styles are not the prime motto; but explore new styles.
Mr. Arnab GhoshMr. Kajol GhoshMr. Ujan Ghosh 5.
- The firm has a strong infrastructure of quality architects, engineers and consultants. It has a balanced Design Studio, which offers a high quality production of drawings. A major portion of which is computerized. Xerox and Blueprint machines make reprography easily accessible.
- The firm is capable of providing complete range of services at all stages of a projects development. These vary from programming of fiscal and spatial requirement, through design development and working drawings, to the co-ordination and management assistance of construction. The service areas are :
- Planning & urban design
- Landscape & environmental planning
- Interior design & space planning
- Urban design/ planning projects
- These projects include Residential Neighborhoods and Townships, Shopping Centres , Commercial Complexes, River front Development, Industrial Complexes, Institutional Campuses, Re-development Plans, Development Controls etc.
- In all these projects, other than fulfilling the programmatic requirements, various other aspects, such as existing physical conditions, natural factors and ecology, user needs and human behavior, community participation, transformation etc. are also addressed.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Township-Master Plan, New Mumbai
- Gamma Sector - Layout Plan, Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P)
- Integrated Development Plan For Araku Town
- Central University - Master Plan, Hyderabad
- Infill Shopping, Karolbagh (Delhi)
- Silent Valley Housing- Layout Plan, Hyderabad
- 'Bapughat'-River Front Development, Hyderabad
- 'Vacation Village ' Housing - Layout Plan, Devanahalli (Bangalore)
- Urban Design Plan For Integrated Administrative Centre, Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P)
- Sectors Delta & 37- Infrastructural Development, Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P)
- Kerela Police Academy - Master Plan, Thrissur Kerela
- A.P. Police Academy - Master Plan, Himmayat Sagar Hyderabad
- Redevelopment Of College Street Market, Calcutta
- Master Plan-Vijay Vihara Complex (Aptdc), Nagarjuna Sagar 20 Acres
- Master Plan- Horsely Hill Complex (Aptdc), Madanapalli
- Master Plan And Urban Design - Visitor's Zone, Tirupati 140 Acres
- Cotton Park- Amusement Centre, Pitchuka Lenka, Rajmundri
- Urban Design- Hotel & Family Entertaintment Centre, Vijayawada
- Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy Of Administration (Lbsnaa) - Master Plan , Ghaziabad Up.
- Gadgil College - Master Plan, Sohna, Haryana
- 'German Gardens' Flori Culture Estate- Development Plan, Gurgaon Haryana
- Tourism and hospitality projects
- Tourism is one of the fast growing industry in the country now. Recognizing the immense business potentials in this sector, both government and private organizations are into development of tourist facilities of various kinds and sizes. The projects range from Hotels to Resorts, Highway Plazas to Information Centres, Amusement Parks to Family Entertainment Centre, Small Food Courts to planning for large Tourist Activity Zones.
- Urban Design Plan For Tirupati Visitors Zone
- Cotton Park, Pitchuka Lenka
- Hotel Golconda, Hyderabad
- Urban Design Controls For Hotel & Family Entertainment Centre At Canal Guest House Site, Vijaywada
- Master Plan For Horsely Hills, Madinapalle
- Master Plan For Vijay Vihar Complex, Nagarjuna Sagar
- Landscape Design For Berm Park, Vijaywada
- Urban Design Plan For Integrated Administrative Centre, Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P)
- Hotel & Conference Centre At Hill View Guest House Site, Tirupati
- Punami Guest House & Conference Centre, Vijay Vihara, Nagarjuna Sagar
- Restaurant, Bar & Conference Centre At Rushikonda, Vishakhapatnam
- Tribal Activity Centre, ArakuSwimming Pool Complex At Vijay Vihara, Nagarjuna Sagar
- Swimming Pool Complex At Horsely Hills, Madinapalle
- Tourist Information Centre With Sulabh Complex At Vijay Vihara,Nagarjuna Sagar
- Aptdc Corporate Office, Hyderabad
- Commercial projects
- This category covers Shopping Centers, Malls, Bazaars, Commercial Offices etc. As every sq.ft. of space is of a great value to the client, lots of emphasis is given to maximize salable space by reducing circulation area. While fulfilling the business needs of the client, great care is taken to make them attractive, enjoyable and safe public places. Each building is given its own identity and character.
- Shopping Center, Jnpt Township
- Palika Bazaar Ac- Underground Shopping , N.Delhi
- Golden Millenium, Bangalore:: Lake Shower Tower, Hyderabad, 11300 Sq. m
- Bhoopal Chambers, Secunderabad,12000 Sq. m
- Kalinga Kunj, Calcutta, 13000 Sq. m
- Ashok Bhawan, Continental House, Howe-India House, Osian , Ranbaxy House - Multi Storeyed Office, N. Delhi, 25000 Sq. m
- Raghupati Chambers - Shopping And Office Building, Hyderabad,12000 Sq. m
- 'Haveli' At Burabazar - Restoration Project, Kolkata
- Industrial buildings have to first of all meet all the functional requirements of the manufacturing process in the most efficient and economical manner. The requirements could be of large column- free spaces, roof lights, gantry cranes etc. or it could be of temperature control, fire resistance, special lighting etc. Adequate infrastructural support systems are critical essential for industrial buildings.
- HLL Industrial Projects
- BPL Telecom Ltd., Palakkad
- Bulk Drug Pilto Plant For Ranbaxy , Paota Sahib
- Jagannath Spinning Mills - 50000 Spindles, Nuapatana (Orissa) 15000 Sq. m
- Astc Spinning Mills, Neopara (Assam)
- Fine Chemicals Plant For Hindustan Lever Ltd.,
- JammuFertiliser Plant Buildings For Hindustan Lever Ltd., Haldia
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceutical Factory & Research Labortories , N.Delhi 2500 Sq. m
- Refrigerator & Washing Machine Factories - Bpl Group Whitefield, Bangalore 14300 Sq. m
- Tool Room & Moulding Factories - Bpl Group, Whitefield, Bangalore 5500 Sq. m
- Alkaline Battery Factory - Bpl Group, Tumkur, Bangalore 20000 Sq. m
- Dry Cell Battery Factory For Bpl - Pti, Maddur, Bangalore 14500 Sq. m
- Electronic Factories - Bpl Group Companies, Maddur, Bangalore( Karnataka) Palakkad (Kerela), Gurgaon (Haryana) 26000 Sq. m
- Maruti Car Factory, Gurgaon (Haryana) 80000 Sq. m
- Administrative projects
- These projects cover Corporate Offices, Administrative Buildings for large institutes, campuses and industrial complexes. These, other than being efficient work places are also expected to portray the image of the company or institute. While corpo