the business quiz @ tqc
out of 70
Post on 21-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Thapar Quizzing Club | November 2017
- 2. On 21st August, 2017, North America witnessed a solar eclipse. A company seized on that opportunity to make a major product announcement (read officially released) in New York. The eclipse was important the company said. Along with the announcement, the company unveiled a statue which was a first for it, considering that all such things are traditionally done at the companys HQ. The unveiling was across the street from the Chelsea Market, NY. The place was selected so that it shares a historical connection with the product being unveiled. The site was the location of the first factory of a company where the namesake product was first made. Both the companies do not share any link with one another but are connected only by the product. What was unveiled at the place?
- 3. Android Oreo statue was unveiled just as the eclipse's high point started trailing off. The site was the location of the Nabisco factory where Oreos were first made.
- 4. This brand was launched in 1987 in India and it quickly gained around 70% market share in the category (edible food to be very vague) in which it was launched. However in the recent years due to increasing competition, it found its market share declining so they adopted a unique campaign in 2016. This brand has always stood for happiness and optimism. If you look at the products advertising for the last many years, you will realize that it revolves around happiness. They didnt move their broad positioning of happiness, but sharpened it within a large space using smiles for their campaign. Identify the brand.
- 5. Good Day biscuits
- 6. Connect
- 7. Paradise Papers Reginald Appleby founded his law firm in Bermuda in 1870s. Estera and Asiaciti Trust are the firms which are named alongside Appleby.
- 8. This term actually means transfer or trust in its original language. It is a popular system which is spread throughout the world but primarily located in the Middle East, North Africa, the Horn of Africa and the Indian Subcontinent. It is operating outside of, or parallel to, traditional banking and financial channels. It has existed since the 8th Century between Arabic and Muslim traders along the Silk Route as a protection against theft. It is believed to have arisen from the need to finance long distance trades in the early medieval period. The unique feature of this system is that no written notes are exchanged between people and the entire system works on honour. Which system?
- 9. Havala
- 10. A Datum Corporation AdventureWorks Cycles Blue Yonder Airlines Coho Vineyard Contoso Ltd. Fabrikam, Inc. Fourth Coffee Margie's Travel Northwind Traders Trey Research Inc. This is an inexhaustive list of what?
- 11. These are fictional companies used in the documentation and training material for its products. Almost all of the websites of the companies redirect to Microsofts site. A Datum Corporation - Example company in Active Directory Federation Services 2.0 demos Northwind Traders - Demo company for database capabilities in Microsoft Access Contoso Ltd - Used as a demo domain in Microsoft Exchange training material, an example website in Internet Information Services
- 12. The logo of this film studio has been with it since its inception and is the oldest surviving Hollywood film logo. It has undergone multiple changes over the years. It began as a somewhat indistinct charcoal rendering with superimposed stars. The logo originally had 24 stars, as a tribute to the then signed actors to the studio. It now has 22 stars. In March 2002, an updated logo was introduced in which shooting stars would fall from a night sky to form the arc while the logo would fly to place between them. It has churned out multiple highest grossing films such as Titanic, Transformers, Forrest Gump and Iron Man series. Name the studio.
- 13. Paramount Pictures
- 14. This phrase originally was coined to describe Japanese 3G cellphones that were so advanced they had little in common with devices used in the rest of the world. The term was used to emphasize the associated anxiety about how the development of Japanese mobile phones and those in the worldwide economy went along different paths. The term is used as an analogy to a part of Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species. Darwin encountered in the _________ ______ isolated flora and fauna, which led to evolutionary changes. Darwin stated that in the biological isolation species have evolved to develop different characteristics, allowing adaptation making them more viable in the local environment. Similarly, a development of goods in relative isolation from the rest of the world because of a focus on the local market can lead to similarly differing products.
- 15. Galpagos Syndrome from Galpagos Islands More reading - https://www.huffingtonpost.com/devin-stewart/slowing- japans-galapagos_b_557446.html
- 16. This brand was launched in 1971 coinciding with the release of a film adaptation of a novel. Quaker Oats financed the film for the sole purpose of marketing a product as a film tie-in. The brands products were produced by Breaker Confections which was acquired in 1975 by Sunmark Corporation. This brand was sold to Nestl in 1988 and the products such as Bottle Caps, Nerds, Spree, Runts are produced. In 2015 the brand was retired and the products were brought under Nestls brand naming. Identify the brand.
- 17. The Willy Wonka Candy Company
- 18. It is a computer network authentication protocol that works on the basis of tickets to allow nodes (individual systems) communicating over a non-secure network to prove their identity to one another in a secure manner. This protocol was developed in MIT to protect network services under Project Athena which was to provide a campus wide distributed computing environment for educational use. Its designers aimed it primarily at a clientserver model and it provides mutual authenticationboth the user and the server verify each other's identity. Named after a certain thing in Greek mythology what is this protocol?
- 19. Kerberos from the three-headed guard dog of Hades
- 20. Secret Millionaires Club is an American animated television series that premiered on the cable television channel The Hub. The series features X as a secret mentor to a group of kids who learn practical life lessons during fun-filled adventures in business. Every episode focuses on different business situations that kids might encounter in their own lives like having to raise money for something they want, or helping a local merchant understand why their business isn't working. The kids are smart and enterprising, and come to realize that the best investment they can make is an investment in themselves. Who is their mentor?
- 21. Warren Buffet
- 22. Rexbot is a bot launched by this company to answer sex related questions. This bot is available on Facebook Messenger. For boys Rex will answer the queries while for girls it is Roxy. The company has been promoting it with the hashtag #TalkToRex. Which company?
- 23. Durex Rex is the robot version of Ranveer Singh
- 24. This service was launched by the Konkan Railways in 1999 for a short time when it didn't have enough freight traffic. It is the unique road-rail synergy. After numerous petitions from different associations, KR reintroduced it in 2004. What?
- 25. RORO (Roll On Roll Off) for trucks
- 26. The name of this currency originally meant 'jagged' in its language. It was named as such due to thieves in the country chipping off the edges of Spanish dollars for silver which was widely circulated in the area in 16th and 17th century when it was under Portuguese rule. Which currency?
- 27. Ringgit of Malaysia
- 28. Wieden+Kennedy, an advertising agency created this painting for whom and what was the reason?
- 29. KFC commissioned it for the person who found out that it follows 11 people all named Herbs or Spices.
- 30. This is a branded graphical presentation developed and used by the American research, advisory and information technology firm Gartner, for representing the maturity, adoption and social application of specific technologies. What is the name of this?
- 31. Hype Cycle
- 32. How do we better know this logo?
- 33. Audi These are the logo of the 4 companies which came together to form the Auto Union which later became Audi
- 34. Car makers often use robots and/or figurines for testing their products and analyzing it's results to make the vehicles more safe and ensuring a comfortable experience. For their Ford Fiesta European version Ford is using a robot called Robutt. What is it used for?
- 35. Robutt is used to test the car seats by sitting on it for about 10000 times in 3 weeks. Used to test how long will the seats last.
- 36. Alibaba and its payments wing Alipay have unveiled a mobile payments solution that uses a technology developed by Beijing based Megvii to authenticate payments. Jack Ma used the technology on a smartphone to buy a souvenir stamp from Alibaba's e-commerce site in China while demonstrating it in Germany. Megvii provides an API and SDK, along with custom cloud services, for companies that want to use its technology. What is the technology/ authentication method which is taking China by storm?
- 37. Face Recognition for authentication. Face++ is the technology.
- 38. Known as the Pink Pound in Britain and Dorothy Dollar in the United States it describes the purchasing power, often especially with respect to political donations. Some US industries have tried to focus on these markets with specific advertising campa