t2 b6 glossary of ic terms fdr- entire contents- glossary of intelligence community terms 635

Upload: 911-document-archive

Post on 30-May-2018

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

• 8/14/2019 T2 B6 Glossary of IC Terms Fdr- Entire Contents- Glossary of Intelligence Community Terms 635

1/5

• 8/14/2019 T2 B6 Glossary of IC Terms Fdr- Entire Contents- Glossary of Intelligence Community Terms 635

2/5

3/5

4/5

5/5

x l G L O S S A R Y

Program Analysis and Evaluation (PA&E). See Office of ProgramAnalysis and Evaluation (PA&E).Remotely piloted vehicle (RPV). A n aircraf t without a pilot , con-t rol led from the ground, and often used to carry imaging systems toacquire intel l igence from th e air.Research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E). Theterm used to descr ibe de fense spending on the full process of creat ing,developing, an d test ing mil itary weapon s an d e qu ip m e nt .Resource management (RM). All those act ivit ies related to de cidin gwhat resources (people an d money) ar e needed, making th e case tothe Congress, then using those resources appropriated by Congress.Service cryptologic element (SCE). The technical name for eachmilitary service 's c ompon ent of the National Sec urity Agency's opera-t ional capabilities: th e Naval Security Group, th e army's Intel l igenc ean d Security Command, and the Air Force Intelligence Agency.Side-looking airborne radar (SLAR). A radar imaging system car-r ied in an aircraft .Signals intelligence (SIGINT). Intelligence derived from interceptede lec t ronic communicat ions .Support to military operations (SMO ). Provision of intel l igence tothe field comm ands wor ldwide dur ing peace and war.Tactical exploitation of national capabilit ies (TENCAP). A Na-t ional Reconnaissance Office program f u nde d by the military ser-vices, not the director of central intelligence's National Foreign Intel-ligence Program.Tactical reconnaissance and related activities (TIARA). The col-lect ion of military service programs devoted to tact ical intel l igenc ecapabilities. It is not part of the director of central intelligence's Na-t ional Foreign Intell igence Program.

G L O S S A R Y X | j

Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). Another t e rm for a r emote ly p i-loted ve hicle.U.S. Special Operat ions C ommand (USSOCOM ). The u n i f i e dc o m m a n d that e m p l o ys Rangers , Seals, Special Forces u n i t s , an d s e v -eral othe r special ope rat ion s capabi l it ies.