t1 b26 louis andre fdr- entire contents- notes- emails- withdrawal notices- bio 630

Upload: 911-document-archive

Post on 30-May-2018

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

• 8/14/2019 T1 B26 Louis Andre Fdr- Entire Contents- Notes- Emails- Withdrawal Notices- Bio 630

1/8

9/11 Closed by Statute

• 8/14/2019 T1 B26 Louis Andre Fdr- Entire Contents- Notes- Emails- Withdrawal Notices- Bio 630

2/8

Page 1 of 1

Yoel TobinFrom: Yoel TobinSent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 6:02 PMTo: '[email protected]: Team 1; Team 2; Front Officend LouisAndreubject: reinterviewingj

Dear Pat:"9/11 Closed by Statute

As wediscussed, Commission staff wou ld like to reinterview | pnd Mr.Andre during January 2004,preferably during the first half of the month. The focus of theseTnTeTvTews would be the history and growth ofAlQaeda. Please contact me to arrange scheduling, or if you have any questions about this request. I can bereached at 202-331 -4071. We greatly appreciate your assistance.Yoel TobinProfessional Staff MemberNational C ommission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States

?

12/23/2003

3/8

Page 1 of 1

Yoel TobinFrom: Downs, Pat, Ms, OSD-USDI [[email protected]]Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 7:07 PMTo: Yoel Tobin; Downs, Pat, Ms, OSD-USDICc: Team 1; Team 2; Front Office; Brewer, Stephanie, Ms, OSD-USDISubject: RE: reinterviewingj |and Louis Andre (FOUO)

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLYYoel, .,Thank you. I am forwarding your e-mail to Stephanie Brewer who will handle the arrangements with you andwithDIA. Pat .

.,'"''9/11 Closed by StatuteOriginal MessageFrom: Yoel Tobn [mailto:[email protected]]Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 6:02PMTo: [email protected]: Team 1; Team 2; Front OfficeSubject: reinterviewing| [and Louis AndreDear Pat:As we discussed, Commission staff would like to reinterview I land Mr.Andre during January2004, preferably during the first half of the month. The focus of these interviews would be the history andgrowth of A l Qaeda. Please contact me to arrange scheduling, or if you have any questions about thisrequest. I can be reached at 202-331-4071, We greatly appreciate your assistance.Yoel TobnProfessional Staff MemberNational Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States

This may contain information exempt from mandatory disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act(FOIA).

12/23/2003

4/8

W I T H D R A W A L N O T I C ERG: 148Box: 00010 Folder: 0026 Document: 30Series: Team 1 FilesCopies: 2 Pages: 3

ACCESS RESTRICTEDThe item identified below has been withdrawn from this file:

Folder Title: Louis AndreDocument Date: 12-30-2003Document Type: Note/NotesFrom:To:

Subject: "Questions for DIA"

In the review of this file this item was removed because access to it isrestricted. Restrictions on records in the National Archives are stated ingeneral and specific record group restriction statements which are availablefo r examination.

NND: 281Withdrawn: 04-18-2008 by:RETRIEVAL*: 281 00010 0026 30

5/8

WITH D R A W A L N O T I C ERG: 148Box: 00010 Folder: 0026 Document: 31Series: Team 1 FilesCopies: 1 Pages: 5

Folder Title: Louis AndreDocument Date:^=30-2003Document Type: Note/NotesFrom:To:

Subject: Summary of Andre's Joint Inquiry interview

In the review of this file this item was removed because access to it isrestricted. Restrictions on records in the National Archives are stated ingeneral and specific record group restriction statements which are availablefo r examination.

NND: 281Withdrawn: 04-18-2008 by: /RETRIEVAL #: 281 00010 0026 31

^ - -< --

6/8

NOU-06-2003 13=52 J. ' j- P.02/03

UNCLASSIFIED FOUO - - Hypermedia may beclassified up to TS

Off ice of theChief Operating OfficerLouis E. AndreChief Operating Officer, Defense Intelligence Agency

Louis Andre became the Chief Operating Officer, the first to hold that position, in March of 2003.Major responsibilities include central management of substantive actions and requirements,strategic planning, organizational performance evaluation, and business process improvement. Aprincipal focus is on the transformation of Defense intelligence in response to broad guidance fromthe Department of Defense. Prior to assuming this position, heserved for three and a half yearsasthe Special Assistant to the Director for Intelligence (J2) Joint Staff where, as the senior civilianwithin the J2, he had wide-ranging substantive, managerial, and programmatic responsibilities.Earlier, Mr. Andre served as the Research Director for the Directorate for intelligence Production(Dl).Mr. Andre has held a variety of analytic and managerial positions to include Senior IntelligenceOfficer for the Combat Issues Office, Chief of the Low Intensity Conflict Division, Chief of theGlobal Analysis Division, and Chief of the Counterterrorism Branch. Mr. Andre's tenure in theDefense Intelligence Agency hasbeen marked by extensive interagency functions andresponsibilities, both within and external to the Intelligence Community.Mr. Andre served in the United States Army from March 1967 to February1970. He received hiscommission from Infantry Officers Candidate Schooland qualified as a Special Forces Officer uponcompletion of specialized training at the John F. Kennedy Center for Special Warfare.Subsequently, Mr. Andre served as an instructor for jungle warfare, Jungle Operations TrainingCenter, Panama, and as an "A-Team" member assigned to the 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne),Republic of Vietnam.Mr. Andre's military decorations include the BronzeStar, Army Commendation Medal, numerousPresidential and Meritorious Unit Citations, and the Combat Infantry Badge. Civilian citationsinclude the Defense Intelligence Agency Director'sAward for Exceptional Civilian Service, theNational Military Intelligence Association's John T. HughesAward , and Presidential Rank ofMeritorious Executive.Mr. Andre attended the School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, the Federal ExecutiveInstitute, the Intelligence Fellows Program, and the Program for Senior Officials in NationalSecurity, Harvard University.

Secur i ty Po

UNCLASSIFIED FOUO- - Hypermedia may be classified up to TS

i/* rrrM7/a/lmi/r*rr Art Vitw 11

7/8

W I T H D R A W A L N O T I C ERG: 148Box: 00010 Folder: 0026 Document: 32Series: Team 1 FilesCopies: 1 Pages: 7

Folder Title: Louis AndreDocument Date: 11-10-2003Document Type: Memo of ConversationFrom:To:

Subject: Interview of Louis Andre

NND: 281Withdrawn: 04-18-2008 by:RETRIEVAL #: 281 00010 0026 32

8/8

WITH D R A W A L N O T I C ERG: 148Box: 00010 Folder: 0026 Document: 33Series: Team 1 FilesCopies: 1 Pages: 33

Folder Title: Louis AndreDocument Date:Document Type: TranscriptFrom:To:

Subject: Transcript of Andre's Joint Inquiry testimony (selected pages)

NND:281Withdrawn: 04-18-2008 by:RETRIEVAL #: 28 1 00010 0026 33

i / i t v