t1 b20 terrorist training camps fdr- entire contents- 5 withdrawal notices- documents- 1 press...

Upload: 911-document-archive

Post on 30-May-2018

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

• 8/14/2019 T1 B20 Terrorist Training Camps Fdr- Entire Contents- 5 Withdrawal Notices- Documents- 1 Press Report- 1st Pgs S

1/9

Document #: AFGP-2002-800883Partial TranslationDate: 29 July 2002

Summary: 30 original pages, printed [88 scanned pages]; contains several documents,published b etween 1994 and 1998. The first docum ent is an open letter from Usama BinLaden to the Muslims of the world, especially in the Arabian Peninsula, sharplycriticizing the American presence in the Peninsu la, the Saudi governm ent and rulers, andthe religious scholars under royal patronage; the rest of the file contains ninecomm uniques (eight of which are signed by B in Laden) and published by the LondonOffice of the Advice and Reform Society, critical of the Saudi government.*Pages(l-6)of88These pages are blank except for AFG P docum ent num bers and handwritten field notesin English.[TC: Pages 7-17 contain th e following six-page letter; the rest are blank]*Page 7 of 88

In the Name of God, the M erciful, the Com passionateO ne of Their O wn Bo re Witness [Against Them]A letter from Usama bin-Muham mad Bin LadenTo his brothe r Muslims in the entire w orld, especially in the Arabian PeninsulaPraise God, who said: "O ye who believe! Truly the pagans rre unclean, so let them notafter this year of theirs, App roach the Sacred M osque." Al-Tawba [Koran Surat 29, Verse28]. Prayers and peace upon the Prophet of God, may God bless and keep him, who , fromhis death bed g ave as one of his last commandments, according to al-Bukhari's accountof Ibn 'Ab bas's narration: "Banish the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula."

O h, Islam! O h, Qiblah! [TC: The site in Mecca where Muslims face to pray.]Attention, our people. I am the admonisher in the face of this sinful calamity, theoccupation of the Arabian Peninsu la by the Am ericans and their stranglehold over thebest of God's land: the Qiblah of the Muslims, the place where the Koran was revealed,the location of grave of the Prophet of battle, peace and blessings upon him. This is a newdisaster perpetrated by the Crusaders, having given to the Jews the Hallowed Abode[Jerusalem] and the blessed land around it.

#27-1 000000323

• 8/14/2019 T1 B20 Terrorist Training Camps Fdr- Entire Contents- 5 Withdrawal Notices- Documents- 1 Press Report- 1st Pgs S

2/9

e o o o - 0 8 0 0 0 0

Q ioaa~nt fo yi'

I TPT&T

I iwwt3~~t*sGpw* "jrvjr "_"

..._-

T- . - - 0 -

\ y..

3/9

l\r&V"0\ V

BESTCOPY#27-1 000000265

4/9

WITH D R A W A L N O T I C ERG: 148Box: 00007 Folder: 0002 Document: 29Series: Team 1 FilesCopies: 1 Pages: 71

ACCESS RESTRICTEDThe item identified below has been withdrawn from this file:

Folder Title: Terrorist Training CampsDocument Date: 03-04-2002Document Type: FBI 302From:To:

Subject: FB I documents responsive to FBI request #3, item 1F

In the review of this file this item was removed because access to it isrestricted. Restrictions on records in the National Archives are stated ingeneral and specific record group restriction statements which are availablefor examination.

NND: 281Withdrawn: 04-09-2008 by:RETRIEVAL #: 281 00007 0002 29

5/9

6/9

WITH D R A W A L N O T I C E

RG: 148Box: 00007 Folder: 0002 Document: 31Series: Team 1 FilesCopies: 1 Pages: 38

Folder Title: Terrorist Training CampsDocument Date:Document Type: FBI 302From:To:

Subject: FB I 302s re: terrorist training camps, dated 201-2002

In the review of this file this item was removed because access to it isrestricted. Restrictions on records in the National Archives are stated ingeneral and specific record group restriction statements which are availablefor examination.

NND:281Withdrawn: 04-09-2008 by:RETRIEVAL #: 281 00007 0002 31

7/9

NATIONAL POST Page 1 of7

V\S. 1 i 11i 1 \ I , ) IYOUR CANADA. YOUR POST.MMCUM

jevery ofeve;a EMEHTS i USER HELP i

Wa n t to really se e Canada? Plan a road trip on our Travel Channel Monday National Post Canada

MILEPOST: A Joint Venture profileof the legendary Mattel toys called Hot Wheels . MOR

n

UJEEKLY FEATURESQ[ SfiTURDRY POST| POST MQUIES

f~l|~|[~|DRIVER'S EDGED CD[

POST HOMESWEDDINGS

SPECIALSD CD CD CD CD C

RPPOINTMENTSINSIDE ENTERTAINMENTNP BUSINESS MAGAZINESOUNOOFFCONTESTS

canada.com-TECHNOLOGYHERLTHCLASSFIEDSAUTOSSHOPPINGPERSONALS

Utilities j|J

Dozens of Canadians join Jihad terrorcampsImmigrants recruited, R C M P says SStewart Bell and Michael FriscolantiNational PostSaturday, October 25 , 2003Adil Charkaoui flew toPakistan in 1998 to studyIslam, but the Canadianslipped across theAfghanistan border thatsummer to a barrenterrorist training basecalled Khaldun Camp,according to intelligenceagents.H e was not the onlyrecruit from Canada.Also there at the timewere Ahmed Ressam ofMontreal and hisroommate MustaphaLabsi. According toofficials, dozens more ofthe recruits who passedthrough the notoriousjihad camps were fromC a n a d a .At least 17 of them can beidentified from publiclyavailable documents, butofficials say the number of Abderraouf "Farouq the Tunisian" Jdey

M I L E

Select

(Abdulrahman Jabarah)C$ (in?U$ )

known C a n a d i a n holywarriors is even higher."I think you're talking in

Wanted by the FBI in connection withpossible terrorist threats in the UnitedStates after his "martyrdom" letter wasfound in Afghanistan.

http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?id=099A65B3-96BC-4DAO-A601-6D2E173... 10/27/03

8/9

W I T H D R A W A L N O T I C E

RG: 148Box: 00007 Folder: 0002 Docum ent: 32Series: Team 1 FilesCopies: 1 Pages: 38

Folder Title: Terrorist Training CampsDocument Date: 02-21-2002Document Type: Memo of ConversationFrom:To:

Subject: Joint Inquiry summary of conversation with NationaI Imagery and Mapping Agency

In the review of this file this item was removed because access to it isrestricted. Restrictions on records in the National Archives are stated ingeneral and specific record group restriction statements which are availablefo r examination.

NND: 281Withdrawn: 04-09-2008 by: ( f tRETRIEVAL #: 281 00007 0002 32

9/9

W I T H D R A W A L N O T I C ERG: 148Box: 00007 Folder: 0002 Document: 33Series: Team 1 FilesCopies: 1 Pages: 8

Folder Title: Terrorist Training CampsDocument Date:Document Type: DraftFrom:To:

Subject: Draft summaries of informationlearned by Team 1 re: terrorist training camps

In the review of this file this item was removed because access to it isrestricted. Restrictions on records in the National Archives are stated ingeneral and specific record group restriction statements which are availablefo r examination.

NND: 281Withdrawn: 04-09-2008 by:RETRIEVAL #: 281 00007 0002 33