Social Media in Job Searching
out of 16
Post on 07-Nov-2014
- 1. People feel differently about social media.
- 2. Im a fan.
- 3. Im also a skeptic.
- 4. Many tools can help you get a job. But focusing on the tools is absurd.
- 5. One tool can have many uses. We cant predict what people will do with tools.
- 6. You probably think some new tools are silly. Is it the tools?
- 7. Sherrys Secrets: 1) People are curious. 2) People like to talk. 3) People like to help (if its easy).
- 8. 1) People are curious. Theyre interested in things you know about. They want to know more about you. 2) People like to talk. Listen & learn. Chime in. 3) People like to help (if its easy). Help them first. Make it easy.
- 9. Which should you use??
- 10. Consider the attributes of the tool you choose: Intimacy Nuance Detail Potential Audience Reciprocity Permanence Searchability Immediacy Geography
- 11. Relationship Building intimacy privacy nuance geography reciprocity
- 12. Learning: immediacy searchability detail permanence
- 13. Sharing Knowledge: searchability potential audience detail permanence
- 14. Its all changing. You cant keep up. Thats ok.
- 15. Help Me (if its easy) Introduce me to a stonemason in Portland Suggest improvements to this talk Hire or meet with a Bowdoin student Tell me about a surprising job youve loved Recommend me on LinkedIn Share a cutting from a hardy houseplant
- 16. Scheherazade Mason firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: sherryfm
View more >
Using Social Media for Job Searching & Networking Patrick Therrien Technology & Education Training Specialist.
Job Description: Social Media ?· Job Description: Social Media Executive ... Contributing to the social…