S YRINGES & N EEDLES Instructor – Cindy Quisenberry.
out of 11
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- S YRINGES & N EEDLES Instructor Cindy Quisenberry
- Slide 2
- T YPES OF SYRINGES TB Syringe (1 ml) Insulin Syringe (measures in units) 3 ml Syringe 5 ml Syringe 10 ml Syringe 20ml Syringe 50 ml Syringe 60 ml Syringe Luer Lock Syringe Slip Tip Syringe Catheter Tip Syringe
- Slide 3
- S YRINGES
- Slide 4
- L UER -L OCK
- Slide 5
- S LIP T IP
- Slide 6
- P ARTS OF A SYRINGE Barrel (non-sterile) Flange on the Barrel (non-sterile) Plunger (rubber portion and the shaft are sterile) Flange on the Plunger (non-sterile) Syringe Tip (Needle Attachment sterile) Calibrated Scales markings vary from 0.01 on 1 ml syringe to 0.2 ml on 3-5 ml syringe; insulin syringes measure in units (1 or 2 units) always check the calibrated scale
- Slide 7
- M AJOR TYPES OF NEEDLES Gauges (diameter) 14-28 gauge Length (how long the needle is) inch 3 inch
- Slide 8
- N EEDLES
- Slide 9
- P ARTS OF A N EEDLE Lumen hollow cavity inside the needle Bevel cutting edge of the needle Hub point of attachment to the syringe Cannula (Shaft) needle length Cap Protective cover
- Slide 10
- P ARTS OF A SYRINGE Barrel Plunger Flange Rubber tip Hub Shaft/ Cannula LumenShaft Bevel Tip
- Slide 11
- K EEP IT STERILE 1. The Needle must never touch anything which isn't sterile. 2. The barrel tip of the syringe should also not touch anything except the needle's hub end. (this could contaminate the entire interior of the barrel) 3. The rubber plunger should not be touched. 4. The area of the plunger that extends into the barrel should also be avoided. So, that leaves just the outer barrel, the finger flange, and the thumb tip of the plunger.
View more >
QUISENBERRY ARCARI - CT.GOV-Connecticut's Official State ... ?· A R C H I T E C T S, L L C QUISENBERRY…
Cindy Quisenberry. What is the major function of the muscles? Movement – walking, running, etc. Digest Food Pumps blood throughout your body Provide stability.
By: Cindy Quisenberry. Ways to maintain good relationships with your employer Be on time for work. Be open-minded and flexible in accepting your assignment(s).
INTERCULTURAL BUSINESS COMMUNICATION INSTRUCTOR: HSIN-HSIN CINDY LEE, PHD Unit 6: Synthetic Cultures Section B.
Orthodox Judaism Comunicación y Gerencia Philosophy Instructor Dr. Baird Cindy STUDENT October 17, 2006.
2018 Spring Acrylic/Watercolor Painting Classes Instructor Cindy Spring Acrylic/Watercolor Painting Classes Instructor Cindy Meadow ... “San Giorgio Maggiore by Twilight ... Instructor Cindy Meadow Calligraphy Classes with Cindy Meadows -
Special Libraries: Prison Libraries Ann Semler and Cindy Sickendick LI 813 Summer, 2007 Terri Summey, Instructor.
Acrylic/Watercolor Painting Classes Instructor Cindy Painting Classes Instructor Cindy Meadows ... Microsoft Word - 2015 Spring Acrylic_Watercolor Painting Classes Description Dates.docx
Instructor – Cindy Quisenberry. Health care is affected by science and technology. Technology in the 21 st century has been “explosive.” Cell phones.
Genealogical Memoranda of the Quisenberry Family; and other Families including the names of Chenault, Cameron, Mullins, Burris, Tandy, Bush, Broomhall, Finkle, Rigg, and othersby Anderson Chenault Quisenberry
Lesson 4 Making Telephone Calls Business English Conversation & Listening Instructor: Hsin-Hsin Cindy Lee, PhD.
Cultural Diversity By: Cindy Quisenberry. Definitions Culture – the values, beliefs, attitudes, languages, symbols, rituals, behaviors, and customs.