report on baby diaper
Post on 17-Jul-2016
Embed Size (px)
TABLE OF CONTENTSS.No.TopicsPage No.
Table of Contentsiii
1.1About the organization1
1.2Introduction of Project2
1.3Scope of study2
1.4Limitation of study3
2Introduction of Baby Diaper4
3Market Demand 10
3.1 India Market 10
3.2 World Market 12
3.3 Baby Diaper Market-200816
3.4Main Market Players17
4Description of Manufacturing Process19
4.2 Flow Chart of Manufacturing Process21
5Plant Description 22
6Layout for the Baby Diaper Manufacturing Plant23
7Machines and Productivity25
9Quality Control & Standards27
13Plant and Machinery Suppliers 31
14Procedure for using the Baby Diaper Products36
IntroductionAbout the OrganizationKamtech Associates Private Limited is established in 1997, Kamtech has earned professional repute in providing value added consulting services and solutions with the enhanced customer's satisfaction.With varied domain expertise, international experience with world leading companies and wide network of international alliance partners, they offer clients cost effective high fidelity total consulting solutions that are fined and tuned to each clients specific requirement to face the growing global business challenges.Kamtech is the first Knowledge Processing Company (KPO) in the Rajasthan state, head quartered in Jaipur. It has now spread its wings across the continents to offer world class dedicated Knowledge Processing Services through its sprawling 24 x 7 operational most modern development centre.It is an ISO 9001:2000 certified leading total solution provider consultancy company. In their development centre, there expert professionals provide round the clock services.About CEO of the CompanyAjay Kumar Gupta, a meritorious Mechanical Engineer with management qualifications, is the promoter of Kamtech Associates Pvt. Ltd. Mr. Gupta has also joined in as consortium partner with leading consultancy companies like Dastur Co, WSP International, and Black & Veatch in the various infrastructure projects in Rajasthan.
He is also the founder member and Honorable Secretary of Foundation of Information & Technology Transfer Society, first NGO in Rajasthan in IT, knowledge and entrepreneurship development sector.Services Offered by Kamtech Associates Pvt. Ltd. Customized Software Module Developments, IT Outsourcing & Consultancy Services, Offshore Development, ERP Software Development and Implementation, Software Requirement Studies & Documentation, Process Mapping, Website / Portal Development, Web Promotion, e-Commerce Solutions, Corporate Training in ERP and other knowledge areas, Project Management, Feasibility Studies, Detailed Project Reports, Policy Research, Quality Checks, Evaluations and Software Quality Testing, CAD/CAM and Engineering Services, Documentation & Implementations of best practices like ISO 9001, CMMI and TQM etc.Introduction of the Project:
This report has been made for a South African investor Mr. Somnath Poojary, who wants to establish a Baby Diaper Plant. The project demands for a thorough study of market demand of baby diaper in India as well as in World and main market players of this particular product. The project also includes manufacturing process, raw material required for manufacturing of baby diaper, plant layout, manpower required. The quality control & standards required and costing of the project.Scope of Study:
As more and more women starts working, so the market of Baby Diaper is huge because of the lesser time they will give to their child.
Also the living standards of people are growing on a rapid pace. They will spend more money for baby care products. Increase in population will also reflect the increase of sale in baby diaper. In India only 2% children of the total population are using baby diaper. It predicts a huge scope of baby diaper. Similarly in other countries also except US where the 95.5% children wear baby diaper.Limitations of Study: Unavailability of Relevant Data: As this project report based on secondary data so the data available on internet was not in detail and this has been the main limitation of this report.
Time Constraint: As the time limit for my project was fixed and lots of components were there to be analyzed, As time needed for this report was much more than available, so I was not able to study and analyze each component to utmost depth possible.
Selective study: There are lots of baby diaper companies in the baby care product industry each having too many products. So it was not possible for me to analyze all the data of each company. So I concentrated on few major players in the market. .
Rely On Secondary Sources: As per the policies, baby Diaper Company did not gave the information to unauthorized persons. So I was not able to access primary source and I had to rely on secondary sources.2.0 Introduction of Baby Diaper :
Diapers are personal hygiene products engineered to absorb and contain urine and faeces of a baby. They are placed and fastened around babys legs and bottom to form a leak proof seal, preventing contamination of babys clothes.
The history of diapers is a story of continuous design improvements and development of new materials. The main duty requirements of diapers are :
The device should be comfortable for the baby
It should be easy to place and remove on the baby
It should have the capacity to absorb urine and semisolid stool
It should be capable of being wrapped without spilling contents on removal
It should be disposable and affordable
It should be of such inert materials as will not affect babys delicate skin
Types of Baby Diapers
Teen baby diaper,
Boy baby diaper,
Big baby diaper,
Disposable baby diapers,
Girl baby diaper and cotton baby diaper etc.
2.1 General Baby Diaper specification and weight details are as follows:
Series MinMaxProductLength /WidthProductweight
Ssap 7405mm 290mm 18-29g
Table 1: General Baby Diaper Specification and weight Details
2.2 Baby Diaper:
Figure 2: Baby Diaper
2.3 Most baby diapers are made with the following basic components:
1) Polyethylene or cloth-like film: This is used as the back sheet that prevents the liquids from leaking out of the diaper. The back-sheet can also be given a cloth-like look, by adding a thin polypropylene non-woven sheet to the film, using either the hot melt process or the heat and pressure method.
2) Tissue: A special tissue paper that is different from the regular bathroom tissue and has a higher elasticity and wet strength is another important component of a diaper. The tissue essentially serves as a carrier for the pad (the pad is the absorbent core of the diaper) and helps reduce the pin holes created during the compression process carried out by continuous drum forming systems.
3) Hot Melts: They are used to glue the different components of the diaper, such as the pad and the elastics. They are made of a mixture of resins and oils. The hot melt adhesive is applied in molten form and when it cools down it provides the required bonding force to glue the materials.
4) Hydrophobic Non-woven: It is used as a top sheet for the leg cuffs; it prevents water from passing through. It is made of polypropylene resin without any added surface surfactants. The hydrophobic nonwoven prevents leakage out of diaper. By applying a surfactant to a restricted area, it is possible to make a roll of hydrophobic nonwoven only partially philic.
5) Hydrophilic Non-woven: It is the main top sheet, the top surface that is in contact with the baby's skin. It allows the liquids to flow into the diaper core. The difference between the two non-wovens (philic and phobic) is the surfactant treatment used in the process.
6) Elastics: Used to improve the fit of the diaper, usually made of polyurethane or polyester foam, synthetic rubber or Lycra (also known with the generic name Spandex). They are used in cuffs, for the waist and the legs; they can also be used as lateral side panels and in tape construction.
7) Lateral Tapes: In premium diapers, Velcro type materials have been used to provide mechanical grip, it is also known as the "hook tape". In lower priced diapers, adhesive tapes made of polypropylene are used. Then there are new versions of elasticized Nonwoven Velcro Tapes.
8) Frontal Tapes: This is used to facilitate multiple repositioning of the lateral tape without tearing the back-sheet, it is made of polypropylene film and attached to the front of the diaper with adhesive. Its use has helped to reduce the thickness of the poly film without the risk of potential tears associated with the opening of the lateral tapes from the back-sheet.
9) Cellulose: Used in the construction of the pad, it gives integrity and absorbing capacity to the diaper. The capacity of normal cellulose pulp is around 10 cc of water per gram of pulp when the diaper is in "free swell".
10) Acquisition and Distribution Layer: Also known with its abbreviation ADL, it is a sub layer used between the top sheet and the absorbent core. Sometimes used in full length but mostly preferred as a patch near the target zo