professional books to read 2013-2014
out of 11
Post on 11-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. On my bedside table: Professional Books 2013-2014 Recommended reads from friends, colleagues and my recent workshop gurus.
- 2. My current rst read of the new school year, this book is helping me value my role as a salesman in todays consumer driven system. Who arent I trying to sell an idea to? Parents, teachers, students... my daughter.There are tools in here to help me.
- 3. Finding out how to reach all students is the essence of our job.This book was recommended as a brain- based approach which can give us new techniques to consider.
- 4. Teaching human beings is what we do. Knowing what makes them tick could be the difference between success and failure.
- 5. Used with rave reviews by a school administrative team to build a culture of positive change at their school, this might be the most important book I read all year.
- 6. Because I am not a natural protocol user and because you can never have enough of them in your tool-kit.
- 7. The book behind the inspired (and so funny) TEDtalk: http://www.ted.com/talks/ shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_wor k.html. I cant wait to nd out how to be happier and more productive at the same time.
- 8. Cautionary tales, fairytales and fables in the workplace.This should be a great read all about what NOT to do when leading a team.
- 9. A solid, important, serious read for all administrators. It might be rst on my list.
- 10. A colleague suggested this text as a sure-re way to improve my ability to speak clearly and coherently in front of a group. Something Ive learned even the best practice.
- 11. Another whole-leadership team read. This book is said to inspire the group to focus on what is most important for the whole school.
View more >