places around munnar | nature resorts south india |resorts in munnar kerala| tree houses kerala tree...
Post on 15-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONBramma Hotels & Resorts is a young and vibrant company and has three resorts offering unique experiences and values to its guests. We have properties in three destinations which are filled with vast natural sprawls, with the minimum of rooms. This enables to serve you better and living ecology around us.
- 1. Places AroundMunnar www.brammahotels.com
2. Eravikulam (Rajamalai) National Park
- 45 mins from Munnar. See Nilgiri Thar (Hemitragas hylocres) - an endangered species of mountain goats, rolling grasslands and sholas, spread over 97 sq km in the Rajamalai hills, rare flora and fauna, Atlas moth (largest in the world), lion-tailed macaque, leopards, tigers, The Kurichi or Neelakurinji Flowers turn the hills of Rajamalai blue every 12 years.
- The next bloom will be in 2018. One can actually debate if going to the high peak just to see some goats is worth all the effort or not. However, the walk along the park is very romantic and has some breath taking view.
4. Anamudi Peak inside Eravikulam National Park
- The highest peak (2695 m) south of the Himalayas, towers over the sanctuary in majestic pride. The slopes of the hills abound in all kinds of rare flora and fauna. The Atlas moth, the largest of its kind in the world, is a unique inhabitant of the park.
- Other rare species of fauna found here are the Nilgiri Langur, the lion-tailed macaque, leopards, tigers, etc. An ideal place for trekking, facilities are provided here and tourists are allowed to go on foot up to Anamudi.
6. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Chinnar wildlife sanctuary is located in the Wester Ghats of Kerala. This wildlife sanctuary has a large number of plants and animals. This wildlife sanctuary is spread in around 90 km of area. This sanctuary is one of the protected areas in the western ghats because of its geomorphologic, ecological, cultural significance and floral.
7. Mattupetti Dam
- 10km from Munnar, this popular picnic spot activities like boating and horse riding and is a great place to spend the day especially if visiting with children. You could take the speed boat ride which is fantastic.
- It costs 300 INR if you have to hire a boat for you alone. The ride is for 15 minutes. The maximum capacity is 5 persons and you could save some money if you are a group of 4 to 5.
9. Mattupetti Indo-Swiss Farm
- Better known as Mattupetti (cattle village), Tamil migrant labourers had once upon a time reared cattle here. The cool climate and abundance of fodder made it the ideal location for the Indo-Swiss dairy farm.
- Established in 1961, the Kerala Livestock Development Board (KLDB) manages this highly specialised dairy farm. The dairy farm is a unique one of its kind with more than 100 varieties of high-yielding cattle being reared.
11. Echo Point
- 15km from Munnar, on the way to top station from Munnar is a small lake set amidst rolling hills. Every loud call made from a spot on the lake embankment is returned manifold by the echo from the surrounding hills. Young tourists throng to this place to listen to the echoes of their friendship calls.
12. Top Station
- 37km from Munnar on the Kerala and Tamil Nadu border, has great views of the Western Ghats. Top station is the "top"-tourist attraction. This place gives a real 'above the clouds' experience. Regular buses go to Top Station (1 hr) from Munnar. A jeep costs Rs 400. The area is known for the Neelakurunji plant, which flowers only once every twelve years. The flower is violet.
13. Kundala Lake
- This lake is very beautiful amidst lush jungles. Hiring a pedal boat and exploring the lake and its surroundings is an awesome experience. Except at the place you hired the boat, don't expect to find humans around the lake as it is surrounded by scenic jungles and hills.
14. Atukkad Waterfalls
- A scenic waterfalls amidst hills and jungles. You can find a road leading to Atukkad Waterfalls on Kochi road (just about 5 km from Munnar). This road is very narrow and needs a lot of experience to drive on.
15. Salim Ali (Thattekkad) Bird Sanctuary
- There are woodpeckers, Malabar gray hornbills, Ceylon frogmouths, parakeets, and rose-billed rollers. This sanctuary is located 20km from Kothamangalam on the road between Ernakulam and Munnar.
- There are basic and mid-range hotels in Kothamangalam and an Inspection Bungalow in Boothathankettu. You can take a boat cruise from Boothathankettu to Thattekkad. Admission Foreigners/Indian Rs 40/10.
- Around 40km from Munnar. It is the only place in Kerala with natural growth of sandalwood trees, natural caves with murals, and relics from Later Stone Age civilisation.
- There is a sandalwood factory of the Forest Department of Kerala and a children's park extending across one hectare of land under the canopy of a single Banyan tree, all of which attract tourists in large numbers.
19. Kolukkumalai Tea Estate
- At a height of about 7130 ft, this orthodox tea factory lays claim to being one of the highest in the world. The view of the Western Ghats is absolutely enchanting.
20. Blossom Garden
- Houses many different varities of flowers. Tourist will definitely take away good memories from this place.
21. Water falls
- Check out several natural waterfalls on the way to Munnar. These waterfall carry fresh rain water. They provide an excellent place for all tourists to have photo shootout.
22. Tata Tea Museum'
- Tata Tea Museum' is located at the distance of around 2 km on the Nallathany road, from Munnar. Tourists can see pieces of colonial era and old bits collection. Videography and Photography is strictly prohibited here.
- This museum remains open from morning 10o clock till evening 4o clock every day, besides Monday which is an off day. There is a 50 rupees ticket on the entry for the adults and 25 rupees ticket for the children.
- Chithirapuram is located at a distance of around 10 km from Munnar. Chithirapuram has old playgrounds and courts, bungalows and sleepy little cottages which all give this place an old world charm. This town is also famous for its tea plantations in the world.
- Please check :