norms: things we do not know we don’t know
Post on 11-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Norms: things wedo not know wedont knowMathias Klang @klang67
- 2. The message is that there are no knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to saythere are things that we now know we dont know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we dont know. Donald Rumsfeld (2002)
- 3. My unknown
- 4. Prenskys Myth
- 5. A problem with Prensky
- 6. Orientalism and the outsider
- 7. Insiders can also be wrong
- 8. Faking it, or goingnative?
- 9. Implementation: Our study
- 10. What cannot beexpressed in onlineclosed groupmourning?
- 11. Traditionalmethodologies
- 12. Cultural relativism
- 13. Moral relativism
- 14. This new new thing
- 15. UnashamedlyNormative Me
- 16. Technology supporting orcreating norms
- 17. Critical infrastructure
- 18. What users need?
- 19. Snapshot! oruniversalism?
- 20. Mathias Klang firstname.lastname@example.org or @klang67 www.digital-rights.netImage & licensing info in the notes section of slides. Images at www.flickr.com (or specifically stated). This ppt licensed: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA Download presentation www.slideshare.net/klang
View more >
We know more than we know we know about managing costs in ... ?· "We know more than we know we know…
What Works to Prevent Partner Violence? 2. Changing social norms and behaviour ... 3.1 What do we know
“ … because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are
Scene Setter © alangnewman @ yahoo.com 1.We know we know 2.We know we don’t know 3.We don’t know we know 4.We don’t know we don’t know
How do we know what we know? Why do we believe? How do we know what we know? Why do we believe? Piaget to King & Kitchener
On What We Know We Don’t Know - Stanford previously scattered across many publications and are now ... that there are things about it that we don’t know, ... 4 On What We Know We Don’t Know