meaning and definitions of counselling 1. what is counselling?... meaning and definitions of...
out of 20
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Meaning and Definitions of Counselling 1
- Slide 2
- What is Counselling?... Meaning and Definitions of Counselling2
- Slide 3
- Counselling is A distinct discipline An activity that is designed to work primarily with those who are experiencing developmental or adjustment problems. A relationship, whether in a group, family, or individual format, that is constructed in a way to promote trust, safety, and lasting change. Multidimensional, dealing with human feelings, thoughts, and behaviours, as well as with the past, present, and future. 3Meaning and Definitions of Counselling
- Slide 4
- Definitions In 1625 Francis Bacon in his essay wrote On Counsel, The Greatest Trust, Between Man and Man Is the Trust of Giving Counsel. The term counselling includes work with individuals and with relationships which may be developmental, crisis support, psychotherapeutic, guiding or problem solving the task of counselling is to give the client an opportunity to explore, discover and clarify ways of living more satisfyingly and resourcefully. (BAC 1984) 4Meaning and Definitions of Counselling
- Slide 5
- WHO GOES FOR COUNSELLING
- Slide 6
- EMOTIONAL.. Anger SAD CONFUSED WITH CHOICES OF LIFE STRESSED OF HEAVY WORK DEPRESSED FEARFUL
- Slide 7
- Relationship Issues WORK RELATED T O O M A N Y W O R K S LOVE or ATTRACTION RELATIONSHIP TOO MANY WORKS T O O M A N Y W O R K S TOO MANY WORKS LONELINESS
- Slide 8
- Meaning and Definitions of Counselling8 I. Why do we need counseling??
- Slide 9
- The Aim of Counselling Self awareness making client become aware of thoughts and feeling that are blocking, and developing accurate sense of how self is perceived by others. Insight to the origin and development of emotional difficulties, leading to take a rational control over feelings and action. Self acceptance Allowing them to develop positive attitude toward self, through self criticism and rejection. Problem solving that the client unable to resolve 9Meaning and Definitions of Counselling
- Slide 10
- Rights of Client.... 1.Privacy and Confidentiality 2.To give or hold consent to services and/or programs. 3.To withdraw from the service at anytime 4.The right to request transfer to another counsellor
- Slide 11
- Responsibilities.. To be honest, open and willing to share your concerns with your counsellor To ask questions to understand and to clarify To report changes or unexpected events with your counsellor as related to your problem To discuss any reservations you have about your future options with your counsellor To keep appointments or give at least 10 hours advance notice Responsibilities..
- Slide 12
- Slide 13
- 1. It is important that you give all of your attention to the client.
- Slide 14
- 2. Show delight and great interest in the client
- Slide 15
- 3. Do not show any evaluation of what the client is saying.
- Slide 16
- 4. Do not interrupt the speaker.
- Slide 17
- 6. Encourage the speaker to continue by smiling, nodding encouragingly, or saying something like: "Would you like to say more about that?
- Slide 18
- 7. When it is your turn to speak, do not in any way refer to what the client has said.
- Slide 19
- Any queries and apprehensions about counseling
- Slide 20
- 20Meaning and Definitions of Counselling
View more >
MP/H Rules Presentation - General Instructions ?· 7 Definitions • Focal: An adjective meaning limited…
BOS in Psychology Revised syllabus on 22 May ?· Unit-IV Personality: Meaning and definitions, characteristics,…
ABOUT THE COUNSELLING FOUNDATION ?· ABOUT THE COUNSELLING FOUNDATION ... a six-week counselling skills…
4. Group Counselling 5. Personality and Psychological Test 1. Individual Counselling 2. Career Counselling 3. Academic Counselling 4. Group Counselling
CHAPTER 2 : FORCES AND MOTION - UPSR PT3 SPM ?· example 4 state the hooke’s ... chapter 1 : introduction to physics no terms definitions / meaning ... chapter 2 : forces and motion no terms definitions / meaning