IQ Management - The Roundup Part. 2
out of 33
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. MANAGEMENT THE ROUND UP
- 2. MANAGEMENT MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- 3. 01 Everyone wants to be liked, theres nothing wrong with that. However, there are times when a leader must make hard decisions that are unpopular. BE A LEADER, NOT A FRIEND
- 4. 01 While its great to have a good relationship with your team members, make sure this doesnt get in the way of you doing what your role requires. Dont be afraid to come off as the bad guy at times If your team respects you, theyll trust in your actions and know youre doing whats best. BE A LEADER, NOT A FRIEND
- 5. 02 Understanding your team and what drives them personally is a great way of finding incentives and motivators that your team will respond to. Someones personal aspirations often dictate what motivates them; be it family, social life, experience, career progression or money everyone is driven by different goals. INVEST IN YOUR PEOPLE
- 6. 02 Make sure you get to know your team individually and speak with them about the direction they want to go in they may not always be upfront about it but your next specialists, team leaders and project managers might be right in front of your eyes. INVEST IN YOUR PEOPLE
- 7. 03 Great leaders understand that their success depends on the individual and collaborative success of their team members. This is why it is vital for a leader to be mindful of every individual; their successes, their challenges and the support they require to. Make sure you enable them to achieve their goals. YOUR SUCCESS DEPENDS ON THEIRS
- 8. 03 Hold regular informal catch-ups with your team and individuals. Meetings shouldnt take long but help the whole team to work towards a common goal, share ideas and group problem solve. YOUR SUCCESS DEPENDS ON THEIRS
- 9. MANAGEMENT MOVING INTO YOUR NEW MANAGEMENT ROLE
- 10. 01THINK STRATEGICALLY When first starting as a new manager, it can be tempting to implement big changes to the working routines and methods straight away. Tread carefully! You dont want to immediately cause controversy that could set you in bad stead with your team.
- 11. 01THINK STRATEGICALLY Try implementing changes in week three or four instead. That way you will have a better understanding of the team and the way it works best.
- 12. Giving credit where its due is an essential part of management and leadership. Whether its giving credit for your teams success in implementing one of your ideas, or an idea of their own that they have brought to the table - make sure they see their contributions are valued. DONT TAKE ALL THE CREDIT 02
- 13. 02 Praising and encouraging your team right from the start is a great way to encourage them to work harder and perform consistently in the long term. DONT TAKE ALL THE CREDIT
- 14. MANAGEMENT PROGRESSING TO MANAGEMENT
- 15. 01TAKE ON MORE RESPONSIBILITY Always be willing to take on extra tasks and responsibilities in the workplace. Not only does this allow you to develop your skills, it shows your colleagues and managers that you have the initiative to progress.
- 16. 01TAKE ON MORE RESPONSIBILITY Volunteer your time to as many tasks as you can... as often as you can. Just make sure you can always deliver what you promise and dont spread yourself too thin.
- 17. 02 When aiming to progress, it can often be helpful to have role model to emulate - someone who sets a good example in their management style. Selecting a manager or senior member of your organisation will make it easier for you to learn how to progress within your particular environment. HAVE A ROLE MODEL
- 18. 02 Observe their professional behaviour and even discuss with them what they think makes them successful - look for ways to follow this example. HAVE A ROLE MODEL
- 19. The way you work with your colleagues can play a vital role in whether or not you can progress to management. Knowing your peers and their individual personalities will not only help you work better as a cohesive unit, it will also mean a better working relationship if you do progress to be a leader. BE MINDFUL OF YOUR COLLEAGUES 03
- 20. 03 Be approachable, listen and communicate well with your team. Always treat them as you would wish to be treated too. BE MINDFUL OF YOUR COLLEAGUES
- 21. MANAGEMENT ONE-TO-ONE MEETINGS
- 22. 01 Before the meeting, its good to be fully up to speed on your team members performance and where they are with their goals. But its also important to make sure you know how they are feeling towards their goals and how they see their progress. PREPARE
- 23. 01 Ensure you refer to the notes from your last meeting so you can reference what has previously been said - this way you can work together to move forward. PREPARE
- 24. 02 Nobody likes wasting time, so its important that you are as efficient as possible when it comes to your meetings. If there is something you feel is an issue but it hasnt been raised yet, address the topic directly with a mind to finding a solution as quickly as possible. KEEP TO THE POINT
- 25. 02 Try to stick to the agenda and not get distracted, but at the same time factor-in some flexibility. This is why it is important to prepare fully before the meeting. KEEP TO THE POINT
- 26. Whether the purpose of your meeting was to set goals or track progress, its a good idea to follow up in writing to ensure outcomes are agreed upon. This way you both have a clear idea what you should be doing moving forward as well as a good reference point for the next meeting you have. FOLLOW UP IN WRITING 03
- 27. 03 Its common to follow up in writing via email, but use whatever method you feel is best suited to your workplace. FOLLOW UP IN WRITING
- 28. MANAGEMENT MANAGING REMOTE TEAMS
- 29. 01TRUST GOES A LONG WAY Its always important to have faith in your team as manager, but trust is vital when it comes to managing a remote team. You need to be sure that the team will work enthusiastically and efficiently in your absence - something that can take a leap of faith.
- 30. 01TRUST GOES A LONG WAY Its important to identify the right individual in the interview process. Look for the people who you believe are going to work well without constant supervision.
- 31. 02 There is a lot of technology out there that can help with managing a remote team. From calendars to conference calling - you should use the tools at your disposal. For example, sharing Calendars via Outlook is an easy and quick way to get the whole team on the same page. UTILISE TECHNOLOGY
- 32. 02 Tools such as Asana & Google Docs alongside conference calling via Skype are all great ways to collaborate as a remote team. UTILISE TECHNOLOGY
- 33. INTERQUEST GROUP WHERE OPPORTUNITY CONNECTS WITH TALENT InterQuest is a niche recruitment group divided into expert specialist disciplines. We provide contract and permanent recruitment services and support the career ambitions of those working in the new digital economy. Each of the Groups businesses is aligned to market sectors including Finance, Retail, Public Sector and Not for Profit or focused specifically on an area of technology such as testing, analytics, ERP or digital. For more tips on professional development and to see all of our latest jobs, connect with the InterQuest Group. GO TO INTERQUESTGROUP.COM
View more >
Desplegable Roundup - Roundup Ready Plus ?· Title: Desplegable Roundup Created Date: 8/31/2015 5:02:57…
Roundup Ready Flex cotton - ??The Roundup Ready Flex cotton stewardship program is a part of the Monsanto Quality Assurance ... 6.3 Using Roundup Ready Herbicide with PLANTSHIELD by
ROUNDUP PRO BIACTIVE - Monsanto Ag ?· Roundup Pro Biactive can be used alone as part of an eradication…