internet of things (iot)
out of 24
Post on 08-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONInternet of things is a network of objects which can share information with each other and take appropriate action.
- Internet of Things| A Place Where Machines talk to Machines
- Outline Whats Internet of Things (IoT) State of the Art of IoT Major challenges in IoT Current Scenario Future of IoT
- What is IoT ? A network of Physical Objects that can interact with each other to share information and take Action. The term was first proposed by Kevin Ashton in 1999. The concept of IoT first became popular at the Auto-ID center, MIT. IoT can also be pronounced as Machine to Machine (M2M) Technology.
- Introductory Video
- State of the Art of IoT RFID Technology Sensor Technology Wireless Communication Energy Harvesting Technologies Cloud Computing Advanced Internet Protocol (IPv6) Essential Technologies Involved in IoT
- Architecture of IoT
- Application Layer Management Service Layer Gateway & Network Layer Sensor Layer Sensor Layer Lowest Abstraction Layer Incorporated to measure physical quantities Interconnects the physical and digital world Collects and process the real time information
- Application Layer Management Service Layer Gateway & Network Layer Sensor Layer Gateway and Network Layer Robust and High performance network infrastructure Supports the communication requirements for latency, bandwidth or security Allows multiple organizations to share and use the same network independently
- Application Layer Management Service Layer Gateway & Network Layer Sensor Layer Management Service Layer Capturing of periodic sensory data Data Analytics (Extracts relevant information from massive amount of raw data) Streaming Analytics ( Process real time data) Ensures security and privacy of data.
- Application Layer Management Service Layer Gateway & Network Layer Sensor Layer Application Layer Provides a user interface for using IoT. Different applications for various sectors like Transportation, Healthcare, Agriculture, Supply chains, Government, Retail etc.
- Major Challenges Big Data Explosion Countless components Security & Privacy Advanced Internet Protocol Power efficiency
- Internet connected things
- Application Areas Smart Cities Smart Environment Smart Energy Smart Agriculture E-Health Retail Logistics Industrial Control
- Smart Home
- Smart Cars
- Smart Farms
- Current Scenario
- Future Scenario Smart Home Smart Grid/Smart Energy Smart Cities Smart Factory
- Some Important Links IEEE World Forum http://sites.ieee.org/wf-iot/ Cisco World Forum http://blogs.cisco.com/ioe/ http://internetofthings.electronicsforu.com Googles ongoing IoT Projects Google Glass : Wearable computer Waze : An intelligent GPS navigation and traffic management tool Nest : Smart Thermostat and Smoke alarm Open Automotive Alliance(OAA) : An android operating system for automobiles
- Some Interesting updates The term Internet of Things was added in oxford dictionary in August, 2013. the term has been defined as : A proposed development of the internet in which everyday objects have network connectivity, allowing them to send and receive data. National Intelligence Council(NIC) U.S. listed IoT in the six technologies with potential impacts on U.S. interests out to 2025. Shodan, Worlds first search engine that finds connected Things. For more : www.shodanhq.com IoT 2014, 4th international conference on internet of things, going to be held on October,2014 at Cambridge, MA.
- Thank You Have Fun ;) Ankur Pipara
View more >
Internet of Things (IoT) - ewh.ieee. Pi Camp IoT 5 What is Internet of Things (IoT) - 2 Things, in the…
Internet Of Things (IoT) Security - cisco.com Internet Of Things (IoT) Security: Understanding The Challenges
IoT (Internet-of-Things) - teknologian hyأ¶dyntأ¤minen ... ¤nen+IoT+(Internet-of-Things...آ IoT = Esineiden
Internet of Things (IoT): Education Internet of Things (IoT) Education: Implications for Students with
Internet of Things (IoT) impacts on Supply C ? Â· Internet of Things (IoT) impacts on Supply Chain . ... INTRODUCTION . The internet of things (IoT)
Metallurgical Internet-of-Things m-IoT - Leibniz Institut ?· Metallurgical Internet-of-Things m-IoT…