input output devices
Post on 19-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. INPUT- OUTPUT DEVICES
2. IMAGE AND OBJECT
- Image is a representation of an object on computer.
- Objects are real entities defined in three dimensional (3D) coordinates.
- Image is a 2D description of a 3D object.
4. BITMAP GRAPHICS/IMAGES
- Bitmap images are pixel based.
- The term bitmap implies one bit per pixel
- Eg: digital images
5. VECTOR GRAPHICS/IMAGES
- Vector images are built using some mathematical equations.
- If any changes are to be done then those changes are done in the equations.
6. OUTPUT DEVICES 7. 8. 9. Required to force the electrons to converge into small spots 10. RASTER SCAN DISPLAY 11. RANDOM SCAN 12. FLAT PANEL DISPLAY:
- Cathode ray tubes are replaced by flat panel display devices because this device have reduced size and weight.
- A significant feature is that they are thinner than CRTs and we can hang them on walls or wear them on wrists.
13. TWO CATEGORIES
- EMMISSIVE DISPLAY: they convert electrical energy to light.
- NON-EMMISSIVE DISPLAY: they use optical effects to convert sunlight or light from the surroundings into graphics pattern
14. PLASMA PANEL DISPLAY. (EMMISSIVE) 15. 16. LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY(LCD) (NON-EMMISSIVE) 17.