How to write a Cracker Resume/CV for your next Job Application!
A video cover letter could be a great bonus to your next job application. What tips do you have for creating a job winning video cover letter?
HOW TO WRITE A LETTER COVER LETTER. A cover letter is a crucial part of the job application process It is used to demonstrate your understanding of the.
- How to write an Effective Resume Impressing Recruiters and Panelists
- © www.getsetResumes.com First things first Résumé • French word meaning "summary“ • Ideally a summary of one's education, skills (specific to the target job profile) and employment when applying for a new job CV • Latin word meaning "course of life“ • More detailed than a resume, generally 2 to 3 pages • Lists out every skill, all the jobs and positions held • Highlights the general talent of the candidate FOR FRESH GRADUATES – BOTH TERMS MEAN THE SAME
- © www.getsetResumes.com What is an Effective resume? Effectivity is 3 things. 1. Your resume should bring out all the information clearly and concisely 2. It should address the employers’ needs 3. Once the needs are addressed, it should go one step further to show the employer how they will benefit from hiring you, and not someone else
- WRITING A DECENT RESUME 3 Steps and you are done!
- © www.getsetResumes.com What all goes into any Resume Writing resume is no rocket science! There are just 3 elements 1. Gather information, information and lots of more information 2. Structure the information - make some sense out of the chaos! 3. Design and format with a ‘read me’ look
- 1. INFORMATION 1/3
- © www.getsetResumes.com 1. The big “i” - Information What all information should you gather? 1. Educational Qualification 2. Certifications/Trainings 3. Work Experience/Internships 4. Projects 5. Volunteer Experience 6. Memberships/Activities/Extra-curricular 7. Awards/Honors
- © www.getsetResumes.com 1. The big “i” - Information For each of these points, remember that you need to present yourself as a ‘doer’ and not just as a ‘passive participant’ • Took part in a campaign on empowerment of women, Nov 2010 (passive participant) • Volunteered as change representative in campaign on women empowerment; movement featured in HT, Nov 2010 (doer) Note the difference!
- 2. STRUCTURING 2/3
- © www.getsetResumes.com 2. Making sense of Chaos! • You have all the information now. Though, cluttered! • The first step now is to filter and organize it. • Omit redundant information from the pile. • Group all the information in sections such as “academic related”, “project related”, “group membership related” and so on.
- © www.getsetResumes.com 2. Making sense of Chaos! • The order in Slide 7 is the order you could consider presenting your information in the resume. Reason: • As a fresh graduate, the most important accomplishment for you till now is your education, and hence it comes first • All your project and internship inclusions must include a synopsis of the work that was carried out and your learning • Similarly, your extra curricular activities should include your role (not just a passive participation) and what you achieved from that activity
- 3. FORMATTING 3/3
- © www.getsetResumes.com 3. Formats and Formatting • Formatting your resume means presenting information in a manner which entices your viewer into knowing more about you, and subsequently calling you for a face to face! • Two Formats are known to mankind • Chronological or Reverse Chronological • Functional • A third one, though more suited to heavily experienced people is a combination of Chronological and Functional formats
- © www.getsetResumes.com 3. Formats and Formatting • Chronological or Reverse Chronological • Presenting information date-wise • Oldest information first – Chronological • Newest information first – Reverse Chronological (most popular) • Whichever format you choose, be consistent with it throughout your resume. • Functional • Presenting information skill-wise • Rather than classifying information under dates, in a functional format you focus on what skills are being highlighted USE A FORMAT WHICH HIGHLIGHTS YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN THE BEST POSSIBLE MANNER
- © www.getsetResumes.com 3. Formats and Formatting • Take care of these formatting tips when giving your resume the final touches • Limit your resume to 1-2 pages only • Use a Serif font, and which is common to most PCs – like Times New Roman, Palatino Linotype, Cambria. (Studies have shown that Serif fonts are easier on the eye than Sans Serif fonts like Arial) • Use a font size of 9-10 points for regular text and 12-14 for Headings • Use BOLDFACE but avoid ITALICS for the resume core • Be generous with the use of Margins and Bullets – more bullets mean more readability • Avoid writing paragraphs in your resume – a 4-5 line paragraph will most likely be skipped as nobody has the time to read lengthy paragraphs about you!
- SOME ADDITIONAL POINTS to be kept in mind
- © www.getsetResumes.com #. OTHER POINTS • WRITING AN OBJECTIVE • Not required and not expected for a fresh graduate • Still, if you wish, write a single line on what role you are aspiring for • WRITING A SUMMARY • Not required and not expected for a fresh graduate • Still, if you write, mention 2-3 bullets about your extraordinary abilities which you want the employer should notice • PERSONAL DETAILS • This section is only present for resumes in India & Middle East • Should include your Date of Birth & Address; avoid gender • Contact details should be at the top your resume • If more than 1 page, your resume should have page numbers
- CONCLUSION www.getsetresumes.com
- © www.getsetResumes.com Well… • Perhaps we taught you enough • In case you think we could help you write a cracker of a resume (with some stunning formats, structures, flow and content) & a cool Social Media profile to go with it… Get in touch with us at +91-9953776253 or visit our website: www.getsetResumes.com
- © www.getsetResumes.com We are getsetResumes.com • Our writers are Industry Experienced and understand what formats and content appeal to recruiters • Our Interview Experts and Coaches are top schools’ alumni and Industry Veterans located across India and serving Multinationals in various verticals • Perhaps you could give us a try www.getsetresumes.com • In case you have any comments/feedback on the presentation, please feel free to write us at email@example.com