How to run a profitable Thought Leadership business
Post on 13-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
RUNNING A THOUGHTLEADERSHIP BUSINESS
Do work you loveWith People you likeThe way you want
BUSINESSOBJECTIVE ISTO PROVIDE
Create an intellectual property map.
Your ContextYour ContentYour Perspective
Your Process. Your Methods. YourTools. Your Program's. YourConcepts.
Create products around your MESSAGE.
books, talks, courses, training,mentoring programs, etc.
What's your Intellectual Property and howdo you package it commercially. Thenmarket it?Know your value proposition: you can dowhat for whom and why does it matter?Focus your thought leader business onthings people can implement
What you know.
This is your MESSAGE - What you think
MESSAGE to MARKET is thoroughsolving problems
Who values that.
This is your MARKET - Who you sell to
MARKET to METHOD comes down topreference. How do they like to buy.
How you share that.
This is the METHOD you use. This iswhat you deliver
Eg. A CIO wants mentoring over a 4day course. A team wants a trainingcourse. An individual wants a book.
Forget networking. To much hussle for too little gain.You need to mix with those that you resonate with.
Stop trading time for money. In a practiceyou should increase your money for the time.
Malcolm Gladwell speaks about10000 hours to achieving mastery.
Keep racking upyour hours ofdevelopment.
READ LIKE A THOUGHT LEADER
Develop yourself with a view togaining depth in your MESSAGE.
Shorten the time to get your learning into your tribe
7 KEY PRINCIPLES
1. Message first. Not your title. Message is more importantthan method or market. You are your message. If your stuffis good you'll work it out. Your name is the IP. Message is theproduct.
2. Plumbers taps always leak. Irony of expertise -we stuff up what we are good at. Your vulnerabilityis a good thing.
3. Growth parallels income. Get better at what youdo. Stay on top of your field. Read like a machine.Read like a thought leader. How can I add challengecontradict use etc.
4. Specialist model. Be like a brain surgeon.Position yourself as the best at something.
5. Diversify YOUR method. Work the model bygetting income from several models. (COACHING,MENTORING, TRAINING, BLOGGING, SPEAKING,TRAINING AND WRITING BOOKS.) Revenue likepower can and should come from many sources.
6. Keep moving. Activity precedes clarity. Don'tworry so much about the perfect activity butrather focus on the next one.
7. Be disturbed. Disrupt. Change requires change.
HAVE A GRIPPY TAGLINE THATCORRELATES TO THE VALUE OFYOUR THOUGHT LEADERSHIPBUSINESS
If you like this please SHARE.
RUNNING-A-THOUGHT-LEADERSHIP-BUSINESS.mmap - 15/01/2013 - Mindjet