Post on 24-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis PowerPoint teaches the viewer the process of running a distance race with an emphasis on Half-Marathons.
- 1. By Jenica Noviello
2. Why I chose this project
- I chose this project because I wanted to run ahalf-marathon.
The Tacoma Narrows Half-Marathon 3. Footwear
- Where to go in Olympia:
4. How much do you pronate?Sales associates at South Sound Running will determine how much you pronate by watching you run in a neutral shoe. Glycerin Summon Adrenaline 5. First Youll need to choose a race.
- The easiest way to do this is to go towww.ontherunevents.com
- Then click on the calendar tab and fill in the information
- The site will give you a list of all the races in your area.
- Just click on the link to sign up!
- Go to Runnersworld.com and click on smart coach
7. The Website will give you a training plan This example shows the first 4 weeks of a 16 week training program. 8. 9. 32 Ounce Water Bottle 10. Nutrition 15%-20% 60%-65% 20%-25% 11. Get plenty of iron to prevent Anemia 12. After workouts, its important to stretch
- Be sure to stretch these muscles.
Quads Calves Hamstrings 13. A few others you might want to try Groin 14. Replenishing Energy
- Runs that last an hour or more should be followed with an electrolyte replenishing liquid or snack.
15. 16. Helpful Tips for Race Day
- Eat a normal breakfast. Dont upset your stomach.
- Bring a bottle of water to the race.
- Wear an old sweatshirt!
- It might get lost even if
- there is a clothing
- check-in at the starting line.
- Walk, jog, and stretch a little before the race.
- Run the race. All your preparation and hard work will pay off!
17. How Will I Use This in the Future
- By creating this project, I have learned the process required to train for distance races of any length.
- I plan to use the process to run a marathon at some point in the future.
Get Equipped Chose a Race Make and Implement Training Plan Race Eat right, hydrate and stretch.