Geometry In The Real World!
Post on 29-May-2015
DESCRIPTIONLegacy High School Mrs. Sykes Geometry5 Samantha Lassiter
- 1. Geometry in the Real World! Sam Lassiter Period-5
- Definition: Apointis an exact position or location on a plane surface.
- Definition: Aline segmentis a part of a line that is bounded by two end points, and contains every point on the line between its end points.
- Definition: A surface containing all the straight lines that connect any two points on it.
- Definition: A shape, formed by two lines or rays diverging from a common point.
6. Perpendicular Lines!
- Definition: Two lines that intersect to form a 90 degree angle.
7. Parallel Lines!
- Definition: Parallel lines remain the same distance apart over their entire length.
- Definition: A three sided polygon.
9. Right Triangle!
- Definition: Aright triangleis where there are two 45 degrees angles and one 90 degree.
- Definition: A plane figure having five angles, and consequently, five sides; any figure having five angles.
- Definition: A polygon with 6 sides.
- Definition: A plane figure having equal sides.
- Definition: Arectangleis a four-sided polygon where every angle is a right angle.
- Definition: A quadrilateral having two parallel sides.
- Definition: Opposite sides are parallel and equal in length, and opposite angles are equal.
- Definition: A plane curve everywhere equidistant from a given fixed point, the center.
- Definition: An object or shape with straight sides and circular ends of equal size.
- Definition: A three-dimensional surface, all points of which are equidistant from a fixed point.
- Definition: A plane figure with eight angles and eight sides.
- Definition: A closed plane figure bounded by three or more line segments.
- Definition: A plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the cone or by the locus of points equidistant from a fixed line and a fixed point not on the line.