from mdm(devices) to mdm(data)
out of 51
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. From MDM to MDM: From Managing Devices, To Apps To Data Jesus Rodriguez, KidoZen
- 2. Welcome Back!!!!!!!
- 3. About Me Hackerpreneur Co-Founder KidoZen, Inc Co-Founder Tellago, Inc Advisor to software companies(Microsoft, Oracle.) Microsoft MVP, Oracle ACE Board member Speaker, Author http://weblogs.asp.net/gsusx http://jrodthoughts.com http://kidozen.com
- 4. KidoZen is a next generation mobile middleware and management platform SaaS EnterpriseMobile Testing Mobile DevelopmentProfessional ServicesKidoZen On-Premise EnterpriseMDM-MAMTelcos
- 5. About Today A quick story about mobile operations management From MDM(devices) to MDM(data) An effective model for managing and securing mobile business data We are not going to talk about KidoZen!
- 6. A quick story about mobile operations management
- 7. It Started When People Began Using their Smartphone for Work
- 8. And The Obvious IT Answer Was: Lets Manage the Device
- 9. Technologically Trivial.
- 10. And Yet So Necessary.
- 11. The Industry Exploded.
- 12. And Some Incumbents Got In the Game
- 13. We Are Passed The Hype.
- 14. Something to think about: The golden days of MDM are behind us.
- 15. What happened next?
- 16. Organizations Started Build Apps I want an app!
- 17. And Managing Devices Wasnt Enough
- 18. The Mobile App Management Space Emerged
- 19. And The MDM Vendors Started Getting into the Space.
- 20. Something to think about: MAM is becoming an extension/feature of MDM platforms
- 21. So what happened next?
- 22. Organizations were Ready for the Next Level of Mobile Ops Management
- 23. Mobile Business Data Management!
- 24. It Makes Perfect SenseManaging DevicesManaging AppsManaging Business Data
- 25. And yet there is no solution
- 26. We Can Manage Files
- 27. But Not Business Data
- 28. Why is that?
- 29. Enterprise mobile solutions are just reaching the necessary maturity level to enable the management and security of business data
- 30. Enterprise Mobile Maturity vs. Management Granularity
- 31. Mobile Solutions Market MaturityMobile Ops Management Granularity
- 32. Mobile connectivity to line of business systems remains a challenge for most organizations
- 33. Something to think about: An enterprise mobile middleware is required to enable the management and security of mobile business data
- 34. A simple management and access control model for your mobile business data
- 35. The DNA of Mobile Business Data Access Mobile App-to-LOB real time access LOB-Mobile App event based access Geo-aware Context-aware (network, carrier) Data cached in the cloud Data cached in the device Small data sets
- 36. How to manage my mobile business data?
- 37. Mobile Business Data Management = Mobile Data Sources + Context-aware-mobile-first policies
- 38. A Mobile Data Sources is the unit of data accessed by your enterprise mobile apps
- 39. Context-Aware Mobile-First Data-Policies Geo-location based policies Device based policies App based polices Network based policies Mobile client based policies
- 40. Geo-location Based Mobile Business Data PoliciesSAP Accounts Require dual factor challenge if accessed outside North America
- 41. Device-Based Mobile Business Data PoliciesSalesForce No accessed from a jail broken iPhone .com Leads
- 42. Network-Based Mobile Business Data PoliciesSiebel Opportunities Require encryption when accessed from an AT&T network
- 43. App-Based Mobile Business Data PoliciesOracle EBS Orders Can be accessed by the top order application Require dual factor challenge if accessed from any other app
- 44. Compliance Mobile Business Data PoliciesEPIC Patient Records Require HIPAA compliance communication and cant be accessed from Windows Phone devices
- 45. Other Interesting Capabilities Mobile data analytics MDM-MAM-MDM end to end management experience Data in device management
- 46. Imagine ifWe could extend our enterprise mobile app store with the data sources your mobile apps are using!
- 47. If you had that type of mobile data management solution.
- 48. How Much Would you Really Care About Devices and AppsManaging DevicesManaging AppsManaging Business Data
- 49. Something to think about: Effectively managing your mobile business data is the ultimate goal of a mobile operations infrastructure
- 50. Summary Enterprise mobile operations management has evolved from the management of devices to apps to data Mobile business data management is the crown jewel of enterprise mobile management Mobile business data management is about applying context-aware-mobile-first policies to mobile data sources An enterprise mobile middleware infrastructure is required to effectively manage your mobile business data
- 51. Thanks firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.kidozen.com http://jrodthoughts.com http://twitter.com/#!/jrodthoughts http://weblogs.asp.net/gsusx
View more >
MDM: Governing Evolution in Big Data Ecosy ?· MDM: Governing Evolution in Big Data Ecosystems Sergi…
Master DATA - Mastech InfoSphere MDM – Industry Leading MDM Product IBM InfoSphere® Master Data Management…
MDM and Data Governance - ... SoberIT Software Business and Engineering Institute MDM and Data Governance
MDM for ??Master Data Management for Manufacturing Enterprise Master Data Management Christopher Dwight Director MDM Field Strategy @
7th Annual MDM Data Governance MDM Data Governance Summit June 27-28, 2012 ... Devon Energy Educational ... Morgan Stanley
Master data management (MDM) takes center stage Master data management (MDM) takes center stage ... Master data management (MDM) ... There’s no question
Pre-Conference Workshop MDM Data Governance Quick Workshop MDM Data Governance Quick Start 7 th ... Stibo, Teradata MDM, TIBCO ... Microsoft Master Data Services, Oracle MDM,
IBM Multiform Master Data Management: The evolution IBM Multiform MDM: The true strategic MDM solution…