flying the flag: national flags and their meanings
out of 10
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Flying the Flag: National flags and their meanings
- Slide 2
- What is a national flag? A national flag symbolises a country. People first used flags to identify different sides on the battlefield. Many modern flags are based on old military ones. The colours and shapes on a flag are designed to mean something.
- Slide 3
- The red of the flag is the colour of revolution. The large gold star represents "the Common Program of the Communist Party (who rule this country). The smaller gold stars represent the four classes united by the common programme in this country. Whose flag? Chinas!
- Slide 4
- Whose flag? Blue is the colour of Saint Martin, a rich officer who ripped his blue cloak with his sword to give one half of it to a poor man. This is the symbol of care, of the duty that the rich had to help the poor. White is the colour of the Virgin Mary and Joan of Arc, under whose banner the English were finally driven out of this kingdom (in the 15th century). It then became the colour of royalty. Red is the colour of Saint Denis, the patron saint of this countrys capital. The original war banner of the kings was the red oriflamme [war banner] of Saint Denis. Frances!
- Slide 5
- Whose flag? Black represents the people of this nation. Red represents blood and the struggle for independence. Green represents agriculture and natural resources. The white strips represent unity and peace. The shield is typical of that used by one of this countrys tribes. It symbolises the defence of freedom. Kenyas!
- Slide 6
- Whose flag? Red cross on white is the flag of St George. White cross on blue is the flag of St Andrew. Red diagonal on white is cross of St Patrick. This flag dates from 1801. Other proposals for this flag. The United Kingdoms!
- Slide 7
- Whose flag? This flag is said to symbolise white tin metal in black tin ore. Some say it represents the light of truth shining through the darkness of evil. It is the flag of St Piran. It is very similar to other Celtic flags. Cornwalls!
- Slide 8
- This is a new design for the Cornish flag, held at Cornwall Record Office
- Slide 9
- Saltire is the name for this type of cross
- Slide 10
- Can you design your own flag?
View more >
12. Cloze Flags. Each country has its own fl_ _. Each country has its own flag. Flags have different co _ _ _ _. Flags have different colors
Flags in Wales - Flag Institute Ashburner.pdf · Having defeated Llewellyn, Edward proceeded, as was…
FLAGS at IV3PRK - ?· Flags at IV3PRK: from West Coast to ... Front to Back dB vs. Flag bearing de grees…
Flags for the Fallen: Use of the American Flag in ?· Flags for the Fallen: Use of the American Flag…
Arizona Emma Quinn. All About Arizona Flags Of The World Every State Has It’s Own Flag That Tells Something About The State. Arizona’s Flag Looks Like
Spanish Flags - Bienvenido a la entrada. Welcome to Flags The Flag of Fernando y Ysabel ... of Spain gave the city of Santa F a reproduction of this flag. The original can be found
National Flags. Flags What are flags? What are their purposes? What do they mean? Why are they important? Is it time to change our national flag?
History of National Flags” Series from Flagmakers Flag of ... of the “History of National Flags” Series from Flagmakers Flag of Malaysia - A Brief History ... and the Flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
November 7, 2008 - kb. ENABLE_SOAP_API and SOAP_API_PORT flags. Set the ENABLE_SOAP_API flag to TRUE
History of National Flags” Series from Flagmakers Flag of ... ?· Part of the “History of National Flags” Series from Flagmakers Flag of China - A Brief History Where In The World Trivia The Flag of China is also called the Five
The flag of the United Kingdom is actually a combination of three flags representing England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The English flag is the
BRd 2 CHAPTER 91 STANDARDS, FLAGS AND COLOURS Only those officers of Flag rank or Commodores in command
RHODESIAN FLAG INVENTORY - Rhodesians Worldwiderhodesians- ??RHODESIAN FLAG INVENTORY Vexillology is the study of flags and vexillologists are concerned, inter alia, with the preservation of collections of