exploratory testing for agile continuous testing
Post on 19-Mar-2017
Embed Size (px)
Ingo Philipp 2016 by .
Exploratory Testing For Agile & Continuous Testing
1. Why you should go for it?
2. What is exploratory testing?Common confusions, misconceptions & controversies.
Relation & distinction to other approaches.
3. Who should do it?
4. How to practice it?Heuristics & techniques.
5. When to practice it?How to integrate it into the software lifecycle?
2016Is the term a source of
inspiration or confusion?
Is it an activity or a technique?Is it something that you do?
A way or style of doing something?Is it an approach?
Isnt then all testingexploratory testing?
Is the term helping orhurting the testing craft?
Cem Kaner, Testing Computer Software
*Glenford J. Myers, The Art of Software Testing, 1979
Unit & Smoke Tests
Sprint Acceptance Test
1. What should be explored?Business Use Case, System Use Case, Epic, Theme, User Story, Technical Component,
2. What are the core characteristics?Performance, Usability, Stability, Security, Safety, Reliability, Understandability,
3. Which tour(s) are required?Supermodel Tour, FedEx Tour, Money Tour, Landmark Tour, ,
4. Which hat(s) should be considered?Black Hat, White Hat, Red Hat, Green Hat, Yellow Hat,
5. Who is required, and who takes which hat?
6. Who owns the session(s)?
7. How long should the session(s) last?