Education Without Boundaries - Virtuosity
Post on 22-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONVirtuosity is a complete knowledge management, education and training company, pioneering Technology-aided, Global Learning Solutions in the Indian Academia, ushering in a new era of globally contemporary, boundary less, anytime anywhere learning opportunities for learners across the country. Virtuosity offers suitable skills enhancement and measurement solutions for all job functions in IT, ITES & BFSI sectors, totaling to about 74% of hiring in the country.
- 1. http:// www.virtuosity.ac An Introduction
2. Who We Are Virtuosity is an unprecedented initiative to enhance and renew Indian education by providing effective solutions to the various challenges faced by our educational system. With the base research experience from Alpha Education close to two decades of pioneering service, it is today a symbol of both intensive revitalization of education and social outreach. 3. What We Do Instilling Educational Excellence at all Levels Partnering with academia to develop a skilled community Using Technology Enabled Solution for Institutions Introducing Teaching, Learning and Assessment Methodology Helps institution to provide quality education with inclusiveness 4. What is eLearning and Why it is needed
- The use of internet ecologies to deliver a broad array of solutions that enhance knowledge and performance. It is based in three fundamental criteria:
- Web-based platform
- Integrated into a broader architecture of solutions
- Marc J. Rosenberg
- WHY To manage complexity, volume and pace.
- Internet usage has tripled since 1999 .
- Out of 612 major organizations:
- 80% use eLearning
- 82% are satisfied with their eLearning experience
5. Education System Towards eLearning 6. Informal Learning - Overview
- If learning were an iceberg, then formal training and development would only be the tip. Most learning is "informal" in nature, but this portion lies beneath the proverbial waterline, virtually invisible and, therefore, much harder to navigate.
Informal Learning Formal Learning 7. How learning happens Formal Learning vs. Informal Learning Source:Creative Training Techniques 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 90 100 80 Retention % Day 1 Day 4 Day 7 Day 10 Day 13 Day 16 Day 19 Day 22 1 2 3 5 4 6 Day 26 Day 30 Drops to 10% in 30 days Exposed to idea 6 times in 30 days = 90% retention Informal Learning Formal 8. Supporting Formal & Informal Learning Tell Me Show Me Let Me PrepareMe Connect Me Support Me Coach Me Check Me Placing the Learner at the Center of our Learning Design Mostly Informal LearningMostly FormalLearning 9. Blended Learning Solutions 10. Multi Modal Solution 11. Consultative Approach
- Study and review business/institution challenges
- Identify the need
- Recommend appropriate transition or growth support programs
- Manage the implementation and deliver the programs
- Take responsibility for success
12. SkillSoft Solutions SkillSoft provides: A comprehensive offering of high quality learning contentTechnologies to leverage, extend and enhance the value of contentThe best industry specific Business, IT and Desktop skill content, Online reference ware and exclusive learning portal Knowledge Centre 13. Strong Learning Pedagogy Examples and non-examples Demonstrations Visual representation of content Attention gaining strategies Progressive disclosure Simulations Guided practice Embedded practice questions Case studies and scenarios 14. 6000+ Online Course ware IT Certification CourseBusiness Certification Course 30,000 + Digital Books(IT, Business, Engineering) Knowledge Centre Leadership Development Channel Online Mentoring Test Preps for Certification courses Job Aids and SkillBriefs SkillSim Business Simulations SkillSoft Overview 15. Books24x7 Solutions Depth & Breadth Virtuosity New! Over 25,000 books available as of November 2009 ITPro First Product Launched 1999 Now:7,200 titles OfficeEssentials Launched 2001 Now:400 titles FinancePro Launched 2003 Now:850 titles EngineeringPro Launched Aug 2004 Now:2,000 titles BusinessPro Launched 2001 Now:4,800 titles ExecSummaries Launched Aug 2004 Now:310 titles ExecBlueprints Launched 2005 Now:750 titles HospitalityPro Launched 2006 Now:400 titles Well-BeingEssentials Launched 2006 Now:900 titles AnalystPerspectives Launched 2006 Now:2,000 titles ITIL Launched 2007 Now:16 titles GovEssentials Launched 2004 Now:900 titles LeadershipDevelopmentChannel Launched May 2007 Now:1,000 videos 16. Industry Support and Publishers 100+ Leading IT and Business Publishers 17. KnowledgeCentre Structured Practice Labs Connect with Experts Learning Roadmaps Courses & Online Books Topic Spotlights Practice Certification Exams Multi-task Coding Projects Code Library A Wealth of Resources: 18. SkillSoft KnowledgeCenters Additional references from SkillSofts libraryReview featured books chosen by SkillSoft SMEs Search Books24x7 for relevant Refernceware 19. SkillSoft KnowledgeCenters Get Support from SkillSofts Subject Matter Experts Access structured Learning Roadmaps External links provideCertification informationand more 20. Certification Overview 21. Assessment Solutions 22. Teaching, Learning and Assessments - Challenges The critical challenges faced by todays Institutional and Departmental Headson the fronts ofTeaching, Learning and Assessments (TLA)in steering ahead their institutions,most of which areinter-linked to each other, and thus forming an inescapable vicious circle areEmployability of Graduates, Variable Faculty Quality, Ever changing Industry needs, Faculty Development and Training, Overstretching investment requirement in Learning Resources, The need to be competitive, Lack of Quality Assurance Framework in TLA 23. Global Education Campus - e-mpowering TLA Learning Content that is always up-to-date Blended and Multi-modal Learning solutions Quality Management with Competency Assessments System with intensive, continuous monitoring of student's progress Personalized and Self-paced learning opportunity for the student Skill Management with over 130 Industry Certifications programs Skill-O-Meter skills e-portfolio for each graduate Digital Library collections and Simulation Labs Globally most preferred learning and assessment solutions 24. VIRTUOSITY GLOBAL EDUCATION CAMPUS e-Mpowering TLA - Process Pre-training Assessment to identify skill gaps Assessment Soft skills Assessments Personality Assessments Aptitude Assessments Technical Assessments Training Soft Skills Life Skills Functional Skills Technical Skills National Skills Bank 25. Management Program Solutions 26. IT Program Solutions 27. Some of the Indian Corporate Customer 28. Some of the Academia Clients 29.
- Training Requirement :
- As a future corporate leader SIBM needed in-depth knowledge, strategic thinking, seasoned judgment, international perspective, adaptability and integrity.
- During the course of his career he will face unprecedented challenges and heightened level of accountability not only to the shareholders but also to the entire community. The Institution need a unique training solution apart from regular curriculum based activity
- Solutions used: The complete Business Skill courses and the Digital Library has enhanced quality learning by their executive MBA learning community.
- The entire Institution is also using the Digital Library for its complete business
- Training Requirement :As a premier institution, BITS were looking at a one stop solution in acquiring Library Infrastructure to enhance its learning and facilitate access to library infrastructure to its research scholars.
- Solution :The Digital Library is now being widely referred by learning communities with over 30,000 titles
- Training Requirement :The Institution was looking at enhancing its Digital Book Library collection and few real world opportunity providing courses
- Solutions :Skillsoft IT, Desktop and Digital books were offered to selected streams of relevance.
32. Market Segments www.virtuosity.ac Virtuosity has career skills solutions for74%ofhiring in the organized sector.MARKET SEGMENTS ACADEMIC BFSI PHARMA STRATEGIC RETAIL ITES IT GOVT. 33. Feedback and Question? Write to us [email_address]