demand & supply of agrochemical
out of 11
Post on 21-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis slideshow describes about the present scenario of demand & supply of agrochemicals in India.
- 1. 06/07/09
- Presented by-
- Manish Sharma
- With the global focus of the pesticide industry shifting towards India, all agro companies will have to pool in their resources to meet the working capital needs in the years ahead. Quite clearly , the future will belong to players with strong in-house research and development teams that can develop innovative formulations , backed by a highly motivated sales network.
- Of the top 20 pesticides sold in India, 16 are insecticides.
- However,the global market is dominated by herbicides,which have a 48% share followed by insecticides and fungicides which account for only 29% and 17% respectively.
- In India,Andhra Pradesh ,Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and punjab account for 50% of the total pesticide market.
- A.P alone consumes 24%of the total pesticides.
- The herbicides have a good market in Punjab and Haryana.
- Insecticides are much in demand in the southern states and Maharashtra.
- 90% of the agrochemicals are indogenously produced in the country,with 60 manufacturers of basic molecules,400 formulators and around 140 product registrations.
- India ranks as the second largest manufacturers of pesticides in Asia,next only to Japan.
- The top 10 players command 80% of the entire market share.
- Agro business accounts for 45%of Novartiss turnover.
- Crop protection chemicals account for 62% of Bayers sale.
- It is to be noted that the Indian R & D is confined to improvisation in process technology and does not venture into development of new molecules.
- Effect of the pricewar
- Monocrotophos has registered a drop from Rs.300/kg to Rs. 225/kg.
- Even the exports have dropped considerably due to lack of demand for insecticides from the far east countries.
- The focus is now on crop production rather than the crop protection.
- About 50% of the arable land in the USA is under genetic plants.
- The genetically developed plants have an in-built immuno system, which helps them to fight insects and pests.
- Biopesticides and organic farming will capture a significant share of the agrochemical market in the future.
- 10. 06/07/09 PESTICIDE RANK Monocrotophos 1 Cypermethrin 2 Quinalfos 3 Endosulfan 4 Fenvalerate 92% 5 Isoproturon 6 Phorate 7 Chlorpyrifos 8 Methyl parathion 9 Dimethoate 10
- 11. 06/07/09
View more >