coretrace whitepaper: combating buffer overflows and rootkits
out of 17
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWhitepaper Abstract Some malware threats are simply nuisances, and then there are truly dangerous and malicious ones. In the latter category, buffer overflow attacks and rootkits are the favorites of professional hackers. Often they are used in tandem, with a buffer overflow providing the way in and a rootkit providing a highly stealthy way to stay in. This whitepaper explains these two threats and why traditional security approaches have been largely ineffective against them. Then the paper outlines how Endpoint Security 2.0 solutions using kernel-level application whitelisting can effectively neutralize the threats and provide greater peace of mind.
- 1. What is height of Secrecy? Offering blank visiting cards.
- 2. What is height of laziness? Asking for a lift to house while on a morning walk
- 3. What is height of Craziness? Getting a blank paper Xeroxed.
- 4. What is height of Forgetfulness? Seeing the mirror and trying to recollect when you saw him / her last.
- 5. What is height of Stupidity? A man looking through a keyhole of a glass door.
- 6. What is height of Honesty? A pregnant woman taking one and a half ticket.
- 7. What is height of Suicide? A dwarf jumping from the footpath on the road.
- 8. What is height of De-hydration? A cow giving milk powder.
View more >