Conceptual Art & Visual Metaphor. Jasper Johns – Flag 1954-55
out of 28
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Conceptual Art & Visual Metaphor
- Slide 2
- Jasper Johns Flag 1954-55
- Slide 3
- Joseph Kosuth One and Three Chairs
- Slide 4
- Christo and Jeanne-Claude Although their work is visually impressive and often controversial as a result of its scale, the artists have repeatedly denied that their projects contain any deeper meaning than their immediate aesthetic. The purpose of their art, they contend, is simply to create works of art or joy and beauty and to create new ways of seeing familiar landscapes. Art critic David Bourdon has described Christo's wrappings as a "revelation through concealment."  To his critics Christo replies, "I am an artist, and I have to have courage... Do you know that I don't have any artworks that exist? They all go away when they're finished. Only the preparatory drawings, and collages are left, giving my works an almost legendary character. I think it takes much greater courage to create things to be gone than to create things that will remaincontroversialaestheticlandscapes  Valley Curtain
- Slide 5
- http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS267US273&q=the+gates&um= 1&ie=UTF- 8&ei=GU9vS6HvO8HL8Qarx9mBBg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=7&ved=0CC4QsAQw Bg The Gates
- Slide 6
- Robert Rauschenberg White Painting (1951)
- Slide 7
- Erased DeKooning Drawing 1953 William DeKooning
- Slide 8
- Rauschenberg Monogram 1959 Began 3D collages, which he called combines They consist of something made from other things that only exist because of the cultural times.
- Slide 9
- Yayio Kusama Infinity Wall Mirrors
- Slide 10
- Minimalist work came out of Conceptualism Cy Twombly Inspired by Rauschenberg http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4 ADBF_enUS267US273&q=Eva+Hesse&um=1&ie=UTF- 8&ei=S_t7S4iqOYzRlAeSqIiiBQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group& ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQsAQwAA Eva Hesse Addendum 1967
- Slide 11
- Slide 12
- Visual Metaphor
- Slide 13
- Metaphors allow us compare or bring ideas together to form new meaning.
- Slide 14
- Slide 15
- If you were asked to make a artwork which was related to the idea of summer. What would it look like?
- Slide 16
- Andrew Campbell
- Slide 17
- Conceptual Thought Assignment: WINTER
- Slide 18
- Some Artists Ideas of Winter
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
- Is this a season? A time of day?
- Slide 21
- Are you tired of Winter?
- Slide 22
- How does it feel Emotionally? Tactilely? What does it smell like? Can you convey a smell visually? Will you convey Winter in just lines, texture, color? Will it be more literal?
- Slide 23
- Grandma Moses Folk Art
- Slide 24
- Is it more a concept?
- Slide 25
- More Abstract?
- Slide 26
- A Study of your thoughts Process
- Slide 27
- Slide 28
- Sketchbook: Sketchbook Assignment: Please write one page of your FIRST thoughts without interruption about the concept of Winter No talking during this exercise please!
View more >
JASPER COUNTY, INDIANA - IN.gov ?· jasper county jasper county, indiana and incorporated areas community…
JASPER COUNTY - of Highways/Planning/Maps/County Highway Maps... · jasper county refuge jasper county…
Metaphor as Embodied Simulation: Psycholinguistic Teenie- B3. Metaphor... · Metaphor as Embodied Simulation:…