Case Study Part 2 Building a Fashion Center In India To promote India as a fashion center, the lakme India Fashion Weekk of April 2004 featured 57 designers
out of 5
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Case Study Part 2 Building a Fashion Center In India To promote India as a fashion center, the lakme India Fashion Weekk of April 2004 featured 57 designers in 35 shows and exhibitions. At least 30 international television crews and 350 media professionals attended, along with 400 buyers from 212 companies. IMG and the Fashion Design Council of India helped internationalize the event by moving the date of the shoe from August to April to coincide with international fashion seasons. Increased Fashion Week sponsorship has also helped the India fashion industry. Some of the shows sponsors include internation companies such as Hyundai, Fosters Beer, Sony Entertainment Television, and Dior Watches. According to Ravi Krishnan, managing Director of IMG/TWI South Asia, in a very bad market, we managed to increase sponsorship money. Through its global expertise in fashion, IMG has ensured that the event is organized to match international standardsand it is reflected in the amazing success and status in enjoys. ANALYZE and WRITE 1. List the strategies IMG used to make Fashion Week successful. 2. How might applying international stanards to a fashion week help or hinder a developing fashion center? Write a paragraph explaining your answer.
- Slide 2
- CHAPTER 4.2 Global Impact of Fashion
- Slide 3
- Global Sourcing and Production To reduce costs and maximize profits, many textile and apparel manufacturers have begun global sourcing, or the identifying and negotiating of supply chains in numerous world locations. Global Sourcing Risks Global Production
- Slide 4
- Culture and Fashion Culture is the system of shared beliefs, values, customs, behaviors, and artifacts attributed to members of a specific society. Culture Styles Styles from the East, West, Urban
- Slide 5
- Quiz 1. Why are fashion companies turning to global sourcing? 2. How does culture impact current fashions? 3. Describe a recent cultural influence that has moved into mainstream fashion.
View more >
viewShama’s designs are powerful enough to express the characters without having them to utter a single word. ... of India and for lakme Fashion week of