out of 45
Post on 12-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Making the most of Polarizing Brand
- 2. Brand Dispersion
- 3. Starting the story. Its something like this
- 4. Have you heard of Miracle Whip ? Miracle Whip is sweet cream manufactured by Kraft Foods and sold out entire US and Canada. Its like mayonnaise toppings.
- 5. In their research they found shoppers reaction towards the dressing, they found Deep emotions Many loved it , and some just hate it
- 6. Miracle Whip is a Polarizing Product
- 7. The company decided to go for an intensive Social Media Campaign
- 8. How many lovers did Miracle Whip get 42653 after the campaign numbers of haters3081
- 9. This strategy made a huge progress During the campaign Miracle Whip experienced a 631% surge in social media and 14%increase in sales
- 10. So if a company acts smartly by Using the power of polarization in a right way it will surely make profits
- 11. Brand Dispersion
- 12. Customers attitudes have Traditionally relied on mean or net scores.
- 13. A brand with 50% score Can highly be polarizing , with large numbers of lovers and haters.
- 14. Identifying these instances are very important Because social media give high broadcasting to Their brand distractors.
- 15. To survive this type of Environment, new steps needs to be employed Called BRAND DISPERSION Higher the % of brand lovers And brand haters, the greater The POLARIZATION
- 16. Having a customers who Hate the brand Is also GOOD Some companies have made progress and Increased sales by increasing the BRAND HATERS
- 17. Capitalizing on Polarization
- 18. If a brand shows high % of polarization These strategies are to be followed
- 19. Placate the haters
- 20. To solve this problem , one can try to change the haters mind Brand managers who successfully Execute it , tends to reduce haters and gain positive buyers of the product
- 21. They followed this method In late 2000s, General Mills took several steps to assuage the brands critics
- 22. To calm down the brands critics, General mills , it started a social network, To promote brands in its portfolio
- 23. This led to promotion of Betty Brand , first brand to come up with , Gluten-free baking mix By end of this campaign, Betty haters Came down to 2.8% from 4.5%
- 24. Poke the haters
- 25. Some companies succeed by Intentionally opposing the Brand detractors By this it can create a chaos, brand can strengthen Its connection with its brand lovers, Brand lover get offended and they compel The haters to support the brand .
- 26. Amplify a Polarizing Attribute
- 27. Instead of reducing the gap or changing the mind of the customer Some companies launch new products To extend or detailing the points of differentiation .
- 28. Story bring us to very successful example of MARMITE , a polarizing product since its Beginning because of its strong taste.
- 29. This is its tagline . !!!!
- 30. Company in order to amplify it Launched a stronger MARMITE product For its enthusiastic fans..
- 31. As When it comes to social media It brought the company a very good sales
- 32. Creating Polarization
- 33. There are few products Which are not inherently polarized But marketers want to introduce the polarized product to beat its competitors
- 34. Drive a wedge In the market
- 35. Some times being good can be dangerous Which brings us to the case of Magner's cider It converted its into a ICED-Hip Drink and It attracted youth at a large and sales Increased drastically
- 36. Strong bow , its competitor decided to make Its own play for the young professional crowd In 2009 it launched an ad campaign with the tagline Bowtime: Hard Earned,.
- 37. Their strategies worked well As the hipsters became the haters and ciders drinkers were intensified polarization increased In 2009, sales rose by 23%, beating overall cider market
- 38. Launch a provocative ad.
- 39. Flo, was hired for Progressive Insurance, a real person with a big personality
- 40. She was hated by many, and many loved her too as we can see it here
- 41. But the campaign and the negative reaction raised brand awareness and increased sales.
- 42. Social media can increase your no. of haters . Companies should take the right Opportunities from it
- 43. Created by : Anant Shankar Tripathi SCAC, Pune during an internship by Prof. Sameer Mathur IIM , Luchknow
View more >