out of 10
Post on 22-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONChinese zodiac group poems written at the February 7 meeting of the Ula La chapter of Red Hat Society.
- Chinese Zodiac Poems
- By the ladies of Ula La
- February 7, 2009
- The Year of Minnielicious
- I wish in black and white,
- but I dream in vivid color.
- I used to be quick, vivacious and daring,
- but now I think and move more intelligently.
- I seem to be serious and conservative, but really I am risky, fun and spirited.
- I am the Rat
- I am delicious, vivacious and totally Divalicious!
- -- Emma, Lani and Ipo
- I wish I was on a cruise, irresponsible and carefree.
- I used to be conservative but now I am outrageous.
- I seem to be serious, but really I am frivolous.
- I dream of margaritas and diamonds.
- I am the OX, I am strong and bold.
- I am a steady friend, who loves my family.
- I dream of success
- I wish to be patient
- I am the OX but people think I am a duck calmly gliding on the water with feet madly peddling under water.
- I wish time would slow down
- I dreamed I was floating down a river on a cloud
- I used to be thinner, but now I am robust, like a Reuben painting.
- I seem to be funny and friendly, but Im really serious and conservative
- I am the rabbit and I burrow into the soil to find solace.
- -- Elsie, Joan, Millie, Roseanna
- I wish that someday I could be
- the mystery of the universe
- A snorting, sparkling ball of fire
- To reign supreme oer RHSers
- I used to be weak in mind
- but now Im really strong youll find
- I seem to be scary and mean
- but really I am a compassionate soul
- I am the fiery dragon
- I start with a spark and fire
- like a cannonball!!
- -- Mysterious Maiden of Merriment, Magnificent Mistress of Musical Musings, Mandarin Madam, Sandy K.
- I am the Goat. . . Ill eat anything,
- have great legs and have the elegance and
- artistic ability to overcome obstacles.
- I am the Snake. . .elegant, wise,
- passionate and determined
- but no legs like friend Goat.
- At 10 I made a hat
- they laughed
- At 65 I made a hat
- they will cheer!
- I used to be chubby
- but now I am
- pleasingly plump.
- -- Wilma M., Diana M., Pat A., Judy B.
- I am the rooster whos
- riding the ox into the
- new year. . .
- I wish I was a princess,
- I dreamed of living in a castle. . .
- I am the rooster
- I love to strut my feathers,
- I seem to be calm
- but I really make
- -- Carole Ishi ma ru, Linda Kahana
- I wish for health
- I dreamed of wealth
- I used to be slim
- But now Im sporting
- Now I am assertive, outspoken, loyal and affectionate.
- I am a dog!
- -- Edith, Connie, Karen
- I am the boar,
- Ever resourceful,
- And in love with life.
- I seem to be old,
- But really I am a child.
- I used to be young,
- But now I am young at heart.
- I used to be flesh,
- But now I am spirit.
- I am the Diva Boar!
- --Silvery Sister of Angels and Seraphim, Dame Luscious of Frou Frou
View more >