Www.brookes.ac.uk “ ” Oxford Brookes University ‘Best Modern University’ The Sunday Times University Guide 2010 I appreciate Brookes as a university that.
Post on 17-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- www.brookes.ac.uk Oxford Brookes University Best Modern University The Sunday Times University Guide 2010 I appreciate Brookes as a university that is very personal to me. The experience here has been the best year of my life. Joanne Tornquist, Study Abroad student from Pasadena, California, USA.
- Slide 2
- www.brookes.ac.uk Our history Shami Chakrabarti - Chancellor Janet Beer Vice-Chancellor Oxford Brookes University began life as the School of Art in 1865 Changed to Oxford Polytechnic in 1970 Became a university in 1992 Oxfords mix of ancient and modern makes it a vibrant place to study and learn. Professor Janet Beer, Vice-Chancellor, Oxford Brookes University John Henry Brookes, Head of the School of Art (1928-1956)
- Slide 3
- www.brookes.ac.uk Our location 1 hour by train to London and direct buses to airports Near to London, Oxford benefits from a thriving economy and is a bustling, lively city in its own right with plenty to do and see for people of all interests. Professor Janet Beer, Vice Chancellor, Oxford Brookes University
- Slide 4
- www.brookes.ac.uk Our location World-famous student city Centre for industry and enterprise 149,100 people - 30,000 students Cosmopolitan city 60 miles (95km) from London Oxford provided the entertainment level and activities that you would expect to find in a city while still exhibiting the small town feel and an enormous amount of green space to take an afternoon off for a walk. Colleen Sharp, Exchange student from University of Calgary, Canada
- Slide 5
- www.brookes.ac.uk Key facts 18,000 students 78% undergraduate 20% postgraduate 2% research 42% male 58% female Worlds first fair-trade university Best Modern University in the UK for the last nine years 75% of research is Internationally Excellent pic 16% international students from nearly 140 different countries worldwide
- Slide 6
- www.brookes.ac.uk Schools School of Arts and Humanities The Business School School of the Built Environment School of Health and Social Care School of Life Sciences School of Social Sciences and Law School of Technology Westminster Institute of Education quote
- Slide 7
- www.brookes.ac.uk Campuses quote
- Slide 8
- www.brookes.ac.uk University study English language and pathway courses Foundation courses Undergraduate degrees Postgraduate taught degrees Research degrees Teachers were very helpful and responded promptly to any problems or questions I had. Cody Greenwood, Exchange student from Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Slide 9
- www.brookes.ac.uk Undergraduate courses Single honours and combined honours September and January start dates Subject Areas Accounting and Finance Architecture Automotive Engineering Biology Business and Management Communication Networks and Multimedia systems Communication, Media and Culture Computer Science Economics Electronic and Electrical Engineering English Studies Hotel, Leisure and Tourism International Relations Law Marketing Mechanical Engineering Motorsport Engineering Nutrition Physiotherapy Planning (Leisure and Tourism / Real Estate Management / City and Regional) Politics Psychology Publishing Software Engineering The best thing about being at Brookes is gaining so much knowledge, and learning how to critically review that knowledge. You meet people, who will help you to grow as a person. Its probably the best time youll have in your life! Anneli Weinholt, Exchange student from University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Slide 10
- www.brookes.ac.uk Exchange students coming for one semester will get a room allocated automatically! Accommodation Living in the halls was a great way to meet people, and many of the people I met were also international students. Laura Stainforth, Exchange student from California State University, USA 7 halls of residence On or near to university campuses Single study bedrooms Internet access Catered or self-catered Safe and secure Brookes Bus pass included in the halls fees Wide range of private accommodation also available
- Slide 11
- www.brookes.ac.uk Student facilities Campus facilities Bars, restaurants and cafes Blackwells bookshop Banks and cash machines Brookes Bus Careers advice Students Union 70 clubs and societies Shops, bars and cafes Safety bus Medical and dental services Brookes organised a nice welcoming week for all the exchange students. This week was really important for me, as it enabled me to feel like home. Laura Giacco, Exchange student from CERAM, France
- Slide 12
- www.brookes.ac.uk 6 Brookes alumni competed in the Beijing Olympics 3 won silver medals for rowing Sports facilities on all 3 main campuses Sports 6 sports of excellence Our aim is to offer as wide-ranging a selection of sports and recreation as possible, so that there is something for everyone. Keith Kelly, Head of Sport, Oxford Brookes University
- Slide 13
- www.brookes.ac.uk International Students Advisory Service Pre-arrival guide Meet and greet at airport New student induction programme Immigration and visa advice Support and advice on personal issues Free English language support Students Union advice Counselling service The support services provided at Brookes are on the highest level. Lilya Kurmeeva, Study Abroad student from Kazan, Russia Support
- Slide 14
- www.brookes.ac.uk In academic year 2009/10 Oxford Brookes welcomed around 340 exchange and study abroad students! Oxford Brookes has Exchange contracts for students/staff with over 140 universities in Europe, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand and the USA Megan Saunders, went on exchange to Queensland University of Technology, Australia The experience stays with you forever, and the skills you gain are plus points that anyone would want to add to their CV.
- Slide 15
- www.brookes.ac.uk www.brookes.ac.uk/exchange Contact us! Oxford Brookes Exchanges and Study Abroad Office Rosa Eadle (Erasmus) firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 1865 484394 Laura Ryhnen (International) email@example.com Tel: +44 1865 484955 pic
View more >
Oxford Brookes university - oisd. ?· Modern Methods of Construction Oxford Brookes university January…
Kaplan Oxford Brookes Guide - Kaplan Financial ?· ACCA OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY BSc (Hons) in Applied…
REGISTERED MENTOR SCHEME - Oxford Brookes non-work life and ... Oxford Brookes University have launched…
INTRODUCING OXFORD BROOKES. OXFORD BROOKES IN FIGURES 3 campuses in and around Oxford over 18,000 students over 2,500 staff ‘best modern university’
Oxford Brookes University - Brookes University Bsc ... Oxford Brookes University has been voted the best modern university ... RAP as required by OBU.
‘Internationalising the curriculum’ Jude Carroll Oxford Brookes University Royal Technical University, Stockholm.
Enabling Flexible Distributed Learning (FDL) at Oxford Brookes University George Roberts Development Director Off-campus e-Learning Oxford Brookes University.