working with border patrol acquisition division may 7, 2009
out of 26
Post on 18-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Working With Border Patrol Acquisition Division May 7, 2009
- Slide 2
- 2 Our Mission We are the guardians of our Nations borders. We are Americas frontline. We safeguard the American homeland at and beyond our borders. We protect the American public against terrorists and the instruments of terror. We steadfastly enforce the laws of the United States while fostering our nations economic security through lawful international trade and travel. We serve the American public with vigilance, integrity and professionalism. Our Mission We are the guardians of our Nations borders. We are Americas frontline. We safeguard the American homeland at and beyond our borders. We protect the American public against terrorists and the instruments of terror. We steadfastly enforce the laws of the United States while fostering our nations economic security through lawful international trade and travel. We serve the American public with vigilance, integrity and professionalism.
- Slide 3
- Our Procurement Team at El Paso Sector Border Patrol Lead Contract Specialist- Barbara Aspera Contract Specialist Sylvia Rios Contract Specialist Candy Ehrlich Contract Specialist Russell Brehm
- Slide 4
- 4 EL PASO SECTOR HQ 8901 Montana Ave. El Paso, TX El Paso Sector stations consist of El Paso Station, Fabens Station, Fort Hancock Station and Ysleta Station New Mexico Stations consist of Alamogordo Station and Checkpoints, Albuquerque Station, Carlsbad Station, Deming Station, Las Cruces Station & Checkpoints, Lordsburg Station, and Santa Teresa Station.
- Slide 5
- 5 Border Patrol Canines, Uniforms, Recruitment, Horse Patrol Mission Support HRM, Services, Training, IT / Radios Air and Marine Airplanes, maintenance, parts/services, Helicopters, Boats Information Technology IT Services/Non-Intrusive Inspection Devices CBP Procurement: Our Customers
- Slide 6
- 6 BPAD Divisions The Border Patrol Acquisition Division consists of 2 divisions and having Field Offices with Contract Specialists at some of these locations: Eastern Operations: Del Rio, El Paso, Laredo, Del Rio, (RGV) Rio Grande Valley (McAllen TX) Texas Western Operations: Blaine WA, El Centro CA, San Diego CA, Spokane WA, and Tucson AZ. Contract Specialists located at our Headquarters in Washington D.C. and Indianapolis, IN
- Slide 7
- 7 CBP Procurement: What do we buy?
- Slide 8
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- 10 CBP Procurement: What do we buy?
- Slide 11
- 11 COMMODITIES Equipment - OIT Equipment, Office Equipment, Office Furniture, Law Enforcement Equipment, Water Rescue Equipment, Security Equipment, ATVs, ATV Trailers, Horse & Utility Trailers, Alfalfa, K-9 Equipment. Services - Janitorial Services, Roads & Grounds Maintenance, Portal John Rentals, Trash Disposal, Horse Farriers, Sand Trap Cleaning Serv. & Pest Control, Vehicle Maintenance, Bottled Water; Bulk Water Service.
- Slide 12
- 12 Other Services Construction* Small Construction Projects: Parking lot asphalt, Roof installations or repairs, Repairs to existing buildings, HVAC repairs & replacements. *All large Construction projects are usually procured out of CBPs Indianapolis Procurement Office.
- Slide 13
- 13 ESTABLISHING RELATIONSHIPS By doing this we as Contract Specialists Our focus is to guarantee lowest overall cost, optimum sustainability and energy conservation by Seeking best contractors using Past Performance Insuring fairness in the selection process Provide equal opportunities Promote competition Establishing a partnership of individuals and groups with like core values and vision to the future
- Slide 14
- 14 You the vendor can help us by doing ALL of the following: Read RFQs carefully and Statements of Work (SOW) for what is required. As questions to clarify Buyers needs and suggest additions to the RFQ that the buyer may have overlooked. Know your competitionwhat makes your services or products more attractive? Do not forget to sign the RFQ, incomplete proposals are costly! Meet your deadline, always check the due date.
- Slide 15
- 15 COMPETITION It is the policy of the Government to provide maximum practicable opportunities in its acquisitions to small business, veteran-owned small business, service-disabled veteran owned small business, HUBZone small business, small disadvantaged business, and women-owned business concerns.
- Slide 16
- 16 Set-Aside Priorities (a)Section 8(a) Set Aside (b)Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) (c)Service-disabled Veteran-owned Business (SDVOB) (d)Total Small Business set-aside under Far Part 19.5 The set-aside programs in (a) through ( c) above are equal in priority. If in 8(a) firm is not currently performing the requirement, one of the programs should be considered before a small-business set aside. Depending on factors as market research and historical data.
- Slide 17
- 17 Set-Aside Requirements All acquisitions between $3,000K and $100,000K shall automatically be set-aside for small business (except construction), or the CO must dissolve the SB set-aside. All acquisitions over $100,000 shall be set- aside for small business when there are two or more qualified firms who have the technical capability or productive capacity to provide the product or service at a fair market price.
- Slide 18
- 18 How do you find out what we are buying? When we are soliciting small purchases by contacting you for verbal bids. The more vendors we have on the list, the more opportunities we can give to offer your products and services. Although, the majority of our solicitations are posted on FedBid.
- Slide 19
- 19 What is FedBid (www.Fedbid.gov)? Since the companys inception in 2000 Feb bid has become the leading online marketplace for public sector commodity buys. Today, more than 1,000 procurement professionals at dozens of federal organizations, including GSA, DHS, DOE and DOD, use FedBid to procure over $1 Billion worth of commodities and simple services.
- Slide 20
- 20 What is FedBid? Fed Bid offers: Better Buying for the Government Smarter Selling for youthe vendor Saves time Improves the competitive process Improves Small Business Utilization.
- Slide 21
- 21 Central Contractor Registration CCR is the primary registrant database for the U.S. Federal Government. Each vendor in order to have a PO or contract awarded must be registered in CCR. CCR information and registration may be obtained by going to http://www.ccr.gov
- Slide 22
- 22 Border Patrol Growth With the recruitment of additional Border Patrol Agents to the El Paso Sector and all the Southern Border undergoing expansion in some areas. With all this growth and expansion more procurement of supplies, equipment and services will be needed to accommodate the sector and all additional BP Agents.
- Slide 23
- 23 Finally Communication is key Above all else, if you have questions or concerns: Call Email Write
- Slide 24
- 24 Point of Contacts Barbara A. Aspera-915-834-8609 firstname.lastname@example.org Candy Ehrlich-915-834-8607 email@example.com Sylvia Rios-915-834-8604 firstname.lastname@example.org Russell Brehm-915-834-8610 email@example.com
- Slide 25
- 25 Questions/Comments
- Slide 26
View more >