words of wisdom from famous entrepreneurs
Post on 14-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis slideshow features motivational, inspirational, and wisdom quotes from some of the most famous entrepreneurs the world has known.
- 1. Words of Wisdom World's Famous Entrepreneurs from
2. Thomas Edison (1847 - 1931) (General Electric)
- Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward!
3. John D. Rockefeller (1839 - 1937) - (Standard Oil)
- I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.
4. Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)(Ford)
- "A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large."
5. Ray Kroc (1902 - 1984) (McDonalds)
- "Its easy to have principles when you're rich. The important thing is to have principles when you're poor."
6. Akio Morita (1921 1999) (Sony)
- "I believe people work for satisfaction. I believe it is a big mistake to think that money is the only way to compensate a person for his work. People need money, but they also want to be happy in their work and proud of it."
7. Warren Buffett (1930 - ) (Berkshire Hathaway)
- "It's better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you'll drift in that direction."
8. Rupert Murdoch (1931 - ) (Newscorp)
- "In motivating people, you've got to engage their minds and their hearts. I motivate people, I hope, by example - and perhaps by excitement, by having productive ideas to make others feel involved."
9. Richard Branson (1950 - ) (Virgin Companies)
- My mother was determined to make us independent. When I was four years old, she stopped the car a few miles from our house and made me find my own way home across the fields. I got hopelessly lost.
10. Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ) (Harpo Productions)
- "My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment."
11. Steve Jobs (1955 - ) (Apple)
- "Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations."
12. Bill Gates (1955 - )(Microsoft)
- "I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot."
13. Michael Dell (1965 - )(Dell)
- It's customers that made Dell great in the first place, and if we're smart enough and quick enough to listen to customer needs, we'll succeed.
14. Larry Page (1973 - ) (Google)
- "We have a mantra: don't be evil, which is to do the best things we know how for our users, for our customers, for everyone. So I think if we were known for that, it would be a wonderful thing."
15. Sergey Brin (1973 - )(Google)
- "Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be looked back on as being very innovative, very trusted and ethical and ultimately making a big difference in the world."
16. THANK YOU!
- Make your business a success story.