wondering if you have bad breath
out of 16
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. WONDERING IF YOU HAVE BAD BREATH? YOUR IPHONE MAY SOON TELL YOU
- 2. BAD BREATH CAN PUT A DAMPER ON ANY DATE OR OCCASION. EVEN WORSE IS WHEN YOU DONT KNOW YOU ARE AFFLICTED WITH THIS PUNGENT ODOR ALSO CALLED HALITOSIS. PUT ASIDE ALL THE HOMEMADE TESTS AND METHODS YOUVE USED IN THE PAST FOR CHECKING TO SEE IF YOU HAVE BAD BREATH. NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE BREATHE INTO YOUR HAND THING TO TEST YOUR BREATH.
- 3. A TINY START-UP COMPANY OUT OF SAN FRANCISCO HAS BEEN HARD AT WORK DEVELOPING A WAY TO GIVE YOUR IPHONE THE ABILITY TO CHECK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE BAD BREATH.
- 4. ACTUALLY, TS NOT JUST FOR BAD BREATH, ITS FOR ALL SCENTS. THIS DEVELOPMENT SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISING AS TECHNOLOGY HAS ALREADY GIVEN THE IPHONE THE ABILITY TO SEE, WITH THE CAMERA, HEAR, WITH THE PHONE AND FEEL, WITH THE GYRO/ACCELEROMETER. ADDING SMELL WAS NEXT ON THE LIST.
- 5. ACCORDING TO SAM KHAMIS, THE FOUNDER AND CEO OF ADAMANT TECHNOLOGIES, THE COMPANY CREATING THE TINY CHIP, IT CAN TAKE THE SENSE OF SMELL AND TASTE AND DIGITIZE THEM. THIS GOES BEYOND JUST A SCRATCH AND SNIFF CAPABILITY, THIS TECHNOLOGY WILL GIVE YOUR PHONE THE ABILITY TO SMELL FOR ITSELF.
- 6. THE CHIP WILL BE EQUIPPED WITH ABOUT 2,000 SENSORS TO PICK OUT VARIOUS CHEMICALS IN THE AIR AND IDENTIFY THEM. EVEN BAD BREATH WILL BE DETECTABLE AND THE APP WILL EVEN BE ABLE TO TELL YOU WHAT CAUSED IT. WHILE THIS TECHNOLOGY IS MAKING THE PHONES MORE HUMAN THAN EVER BEFORE, THE TRIED AND TRUE REMEDIES FOR BAD BREATH HAVENT CHANGED MUCH.
- 7. THE BAD BREATH DETECTION APP IS STILL A FEW YEARS AWAY. SO UNTIL THEN, YOU HAVE TO RELY ON TAKING PREVENTIVE MEASURES IN THE FIRST PLACE. HERE ARE SOME SOLUTIONS THAT WILL ALWAYS WORK ON BAD BREATH.
- 8. WATER Bad breath occurs from bacteria on your tongue from food and proteins. Water helps you produce more saliva, which in turn, neutralizes bad breath.
- 9. VEGETABLES Fibrous vegetables such as celery and cucumbers boost saliva production in your mouth. In addition, the crunch can help remove plague on teeth and gums which is a breeding ground for bacteria. Heres a helpful tip: hold a slice of cucumber between your tongue and the roof of your mouth for about 90 seconds this will greatly reduce breath odor.
- 10. GREEN TEA A study by the University of British Columbia found that the polyphenols in green tea decrease the sulfur compounds in the mouth. It also packs a punch for preventing gum disease. Mint tea is also a helpful remedy for breath odor as it neutralizes garlic and oils very well.
- 11. TEA TREE OILS Tea tree oil is derived from a plant and has antibacterial properties. Put a few drops directly on your toothbrush and brush the back of your tongue and along the gum line, then spit out any access. The oil kills any bacteria hiding in those places.
- 12. SUGAR-FREE GUM Its all about the saliva, chewing gum increases saliva production so much that one piece can create up to 10 times more saliva than usual. However, make sure its the sugar free kind. Gum that contains sugar actually feeds the bacteria that generate sulfur compounds, says Robin Lucas, a dentist in Hoboken, N.J. Instead, look for gums that contain natural sweeteners called sugar alcohols, such as xylitol and sorbitol. Sugar-free mints also stimulate saliva production and temporarily mask odor.
- 13. GOOD OLE MOUTHWASH Mouthwash does more than just leave your breathe smelling minty, says the American Dental Association, it also helps reduce plaque and can prevent gingivitis. These benefits work together to combat bad breath. Even better is that using mouthwash as part of your nighttime routine can help prevent morning breath,
- 14. WHETHER DETECTED BY AN APP OR BY A CO- WORKERS REACTION, BAD BREATH IS AN AFFLICTION WORTH CURING FAST.
- 15. WHILE MOST OF THE TIME, SOME ADJUSTMENTS IN DIET OR USING ANY OF THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE WILL TAKE CARE OF THE ODOR, SOMETIMES IT CAN SIGNIFY A BIGGER PROBLEM. IF YOU EXPERIENCE PERSISTENT BAD BREATH OR IT RETURNS VERY QUICKLY, IT IS WORTH A QUICK DENTAL VISIT TO CHECK IF THERE ARE UNDERLYING CONDITIONS.
- 16. CONTACT US Mark C. Marchbanks, D.D.S. 2624 Matlock Road Suite 100, Arlington, TX 76015 Phone: (817) 261-2747 http://arlingtontexasdentist.net/
View more >