Why Game Publishing is Broken and how We Can Fix It Together
out of 20
Post on 08-Sep-2014
DESCRIPTIONGame publishing evolved long ago when they were a necessity. Digital publishers of today are offering game dev tools, insights and user profiling that are mainly based on their size. If small game developers would apply a "shared economy" approach to game publishing we have a chance of creating together, better tools, more insights and bigger success for anyone involved.
- How Applying Shared Economy Approach Can Fix It GAME PUBLISHING
- Open source company Community of 10,000 Devs Free to Play Framework DO MORETOGETHER
- ABOUT ME - YANIV NIZAN ENGAGEMENT, RETENTION, MONETIZATION eyeview - MonetizeVideos INTENTclick - Blog Monetization SOOMLA - Game Monetization
- PUBLISHING IN PASTTIMES Putting CDs on Shelves
- PUBLISHERS INTHE PAST Had means to make CDs and put them in boxes Had relationships with retailers No way to succeed without them
- DIGITAL PUBLISHING What is today's shelf space?
- APP-STORE SHELFS
- WHO DOMINATES Self published studio gets to the top charts Self Published / Indie Big Publisher
- Knowing what to measure and optimize Identifying the right time to push the throttle Development tools and frameworks Know how - how to build addictive games Insights - what audiences t what game Adapting gameplay to different personas dev tools benchmarks user proles PUBLISHING IN FREE 2 PLAY
- PUBLISHERS' ADVANTAGE Publisher data: 100 Games 100M end users Indie data: 1-5 games 100K end users 1,000 times more know how and insights
- BUT IF 10,000 INDIES JOIN 10K Indies: 10K-50K Games 1B end users Indie data Indie data joined Publisher data
- SHARED ECONOMY Global trend empowering people
- More rooms in shared apartments than in hotels Crowds can be a big source of funding Code share by developers allows building great things SHARED ECONOMY
- GAME DEVTIME It's time to build technologies together It's time to share game insights and data It's time for shared publishing
- SHARED PUBLISHING Vision of a Smarter Game Development
- COMMUNITY TOOLS Develop once Instead of 10,000 times
- POWER OF STANDARD Game meta data in the same language Compare with others Leverage the wisdom of the community
- POWER OF SHARED DATA Benchmark FB ratio against other games? What did other games do to improve? Did my users connect in other games? What triggered them to connect?
View more >